25hp Bigfoot, Not peeing much

SN 1B170455
    2001 model
    Model # 1F25411DD

It has never peed much. I just installed a new impeller and it is still just a dribble. Does my motor have a prostate issue? Or do they just not pee much?

And yes, I've run a small drill bit up into the pee port, too.

Thanks.
    Last edited by AirForceAngler; 08-12-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not particularly heavy anyway. Keep in mind- the telltale is only an indicator that water is present (it's not an indicator that the engine is cool, hot, warmed up, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Not particularly heavy anyway. Keep in mind- the telltale is only an indicator that water is present (it's not an indicator that the engine is cool, hot, warmed up, etc).
    Thanks, Don. I knew it was just an indicator, but every other outboard I've had had a pretty strong stream usually. Heck, my old 75hp Merc would continue peeing for several seconds after shutdown!

Do you know if this model has an overheat warning at all?
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    According to Page-45 of the Engine Owners/Operation Manual, the engine is equipped with a CONTINUOUS HORN WARNING in the even of engine overheat.

(Also has a separate "intermittent short-beep warning" for Low Oil Pressure).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    According to Page-45 of the Engine Owners/Operation Manual, the engine is equipped with a CONTINUOUS HORN WARNING in the even of engine overheat.

(Also has a separate "intermittent short-beep warning" for Low Oil Pressure).
    Great to know, thanks!
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!