Question 2015 Crestline VT 19 - asking price is $21,000?

Hello All,

Looking at a 2015 Crestliner VT 19 with about 55 hours on the motor. I am going back and forth between fiberglass and aluminum but currently have a 1996 Alumacraft that has been great. So leaning towards aluminum again since we do fish shallows a good bit. If anyone has one what are they getting for speed with the 150? How does $21,000 sound with 2 nice graphs but wish it has spot lock.

Thanks

2. Member
    NADA says 23,595 low retail and 26,595 retail. With a 150 on a .100 hull, check the hull CAREFULLY.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    NADA says 23,595 low retail and 26,595 retail. With a 150 on a .100 hull, check the hull CAREFULLY.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    DOUBLE DITTO .... Be very careful with this boat.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Last edited by Pokie Pa; 08-13-2022 at 06:00 AM.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    If it checks out that is a very good price.

7. Member
    Borrowed one last year, fine boat. Fished really well with 2 guys and gear. Plenty of room for each of us to fish very comfortably.

8. Member
    Does this boat for $20K make it a great buy?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DirtyKids View Post
    Definitely do a lake test if you are considering it. Look for any leaks and cracks in the welds.

I had a friend that had a Triton branded version of the same boat and it had to be sent back after 2 years due to weld cracks. Also, his seemed to hold a lot of condensation, but we live in the Houston area with heavy humidity, so that is probably part of it. Otherwise good layout and definitely can catch some bigs out of it.

10. Member
    Nothing is a good deal if you have to worry about cracks in the hull. Have you not researched this boat with emphasis on cracks????? Have you not read about that size motor and the thickness of aluminum. Read what Xpress uses in boats with that size motor.

The layout is good....yes. Buy everytime I took the plug out at the ramp, it would worry the s#!× out of me if any water came out.

You are gambling in my opinion. Maybe you roll a seven .... maybe snake eyes... it is your money and if you want to gamble it, OK by us. People here have hinted for you that a .100 hull and a 150 is definitely a gamble.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

11. Member
    All I can say is don't do it. Any other brand please. plenty on here can tell you why not to buy it.

12. Member
    Thanks for the input some for and some against. We have a Crestliner/Mercury dealer 8 miles from our house which is 2 miles from the boat launch we use to most. Based on feedback and research for multiple sources we purchased the boat and it is the cleanest used vehicle I have ever purchased. Great size front and rear deck and tons of storage. For a 7 year old boat it has never sat outside, and the ride is great. We came from an aluminum so the ride is what we expected just so much faster and larger! The 4 stroke is so smooth, quiet and sips fuel considering the speed increase and speed potential. So nice not to have to mix fuel or drag cans anymore.
    This in all based on our 3 days of use and have put more hours on the boat than the previous owner did in 4 years.
    The boat runs 52-54 MPH max but research shows it should have a 21P prop to get the upper RPM range. May play with that next year.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

13. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Thanks for the input some for and some against. We have a Crestliner/Mercury dealer 8 miles from our house which is 2 miles from the boat launch we use to most. Based on feedback and research for multiple sources we purchased the boat and it is the cleanest used vehicle I have ever purchased. Great size front and rear deck and tons of storage. For a 7 year old boat it has never sat outside, and the ride is great. We came from an aluminum so the ride is what we expected just so much faster and larger! The 4 stroke is so smooth, quiet and sips fuel considering the speed increase and speed potential. So nice not to have to mix fuel or drag cans anymore.
    This in all based on our 3 days of use and have put more hours on the boat than the previous owner did in 4 years.
    The boat runs 52-54 MPH max but research shows it should have a 21P prop to get the upper RPM range. May play with that next year.
    Well congratulations, now get out there and fish, and quit asking all these NAA sayers their opinion...

You will never get 2 of them to agree on anything
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Well congratulations, now get out there and fish, and quit asking all these NAA sayers their opinion...

You will never get 2 of them to agree on anything
    Well said.

I have to admit my son and I did great with smallies on our first run in the Hudson. Thank goodness him and his friend target areas and I get to reap the benefit the days following.

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Well said.

I have to admit my son and I did great with smallies on our first run in the Hudson. Thank goodness him and his friend target areas and I get to reap the benefit the days following.
    AWESOME... love those bronze backs! Best SM fishing coming here in the next 2 months.... Strap 'n on the feed bags!

And once you put a spot lock / anchor lock on 'er the experience goes up 10 fold!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

16. Member
    Big congrats! Like I stated earlier, I ran one for a week last year and it was a great boat. My fishing buddy has over 3 decades in the marine/fishing industry and fished professionally for +/- a decade. He thought it was a fine boat as well. Go enjoy the new rig and take good care of it!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Big congrats! Like I stated earlier, I ran one for a week last year and it was a great boat. My fishing buddy has over 3 decades in the marine/fishing industry and fished professionally for +/- a decade. He thought it was a fine boat as well. Go enjoy the new rig and take good care of it!
    Thanks, great thing about boats and fishing is that even you're 18+ year old kids still enjoy spending time together.

18. Member
    Thanks, great thing about boats and fishing is that even you're 18+ year old kids still enjoy spending time together.
    Yep..... something that gives all of you an opportunity to forge a stronger bond and create memories that'll last a lifetime.....

Also this, a new boat, one of the few things that can excite you to a point that you're almost 18 again..... until you write the check for a lower unit.....Hehehe

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Yep..... something that gives all of you an opportunity to forge a stronger bond and create memories that'll last a lifetime.....

Also this, a new boat, one of the few things that can excite you to a point that you're almost 18 again..... until you write the check for a lower unit.....Hehehe
    ...or a new SS prop
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop