225 OX66 fuel line

Hey guys, replaced my lines from tank to motor and replaced a line on top of my high pressure pump. Took it out today and it planed off fine but as I got above 4K rpm’s or so it would shut down. It would catch back just enough to come off plane. I believe the hose I put on top of the high pressure tank was standard fuel line and not high pressure line. Could that line be collapsing starving the motor for fuel? It ran good before I replaced that one line. Thanks guys

285 Stratos PRO XL/ 175 Merc
    2006 Z-71

2. Member
    Just shutting down at higher rpms means motor is starved of fuel, the VST is running empty, or the injectors think it is. If it ran good before hand I'd definitely check any changes I had made.

Your lines coming off of the high pressure pump are subjected to higher pressures, but they are a push pressure, which I doubt would create a vacuum strong enough to collapse the line... Although I don't know for sure.

Also always a chance your low pressure pumps are bad, and it's a case of coincidence.

3. Member
    Found the problem! I actually had beetle larvae in the needle valve blocking the vst pump. Got it back running right now.

285 Stratos PRO XL/ 175 Merc
    2006 Z-71