Thread: Love my 520R

Love my 520R

I have had my 520R since October and I love this thing. It is hands down the best Ranger that I have had. The speed is about 71 fully loaded. It has the best ride of any Ranger. The storage is WAY better than all my prior boats. I would challenge anyone to go ride in one or compare the storage. I am coming out of a 520L.

My set up is two Lowrance Lives 12 at the steering wheel. Two Lives at the Lowrance Ghost with Active Target. I have two Powerpoles powered by a 125 Ionic and three 50 Ionics. I have a hydraulic jackplate.

Colors are Silver Fox (anniversary), Platinum pins, and a Grey running service.

PS-I don't have a heated steering wheel.

520R2.jpg

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    When I was talking to my dealer last week, he reminded me that the positioning of the decks creates an extra ~2 inches of depth in the storage compartments. I’ve noticed same thing in my 2022 Z519. This makes a big difference, for those who are into storage and carry much too much.

Glad you are enjoying your boat. That’s why we buy them.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Love mine too !! I came out of a 2002 Stratos 20xl pro star . I bought it new in 2003. It was a great boat but I’m glad I made the switch to the 520R.
    2022 z520r

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabepro View Post
    I have had my 520R since October and I love this thing. It is hands down the best Ranger that I have had. The speed is about 71 fully loaded. It has the best ride of any Ranger. The storage is WAY better than all my prior boats. I would challenge anyone to go ride in one or compare the storage. I am coming out of a 520L.

My set up is two Lowrance Lives 12 at the steering wheel. Two Lives at the Lowrance Ghost with Active Target. I have two Powerpoles powered by a 125 Ionic and three 50 Ionics. I have a hydraulic jackplate.

Colors are Silver Fox (anniversary), Platinum pins, and a Grey running service.

PS-I don't have a heated steering wheel.

520R2.jpg
    Is your 125 Ionic also your cranking battery?
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    Yes. I am using the 125 has the cranking and running the four graphs and Active Target. No problems with power.