GLS10 - source not found

I am attempting to upgrade my LVS32 to an LVS34. I am installing a new black box.
    I have everything together, and my 1222 shows GLS10-source not found. My active captain app shows the new GLS10 box.
    I have unplugged and re-plugged everything in and its the same results.

Any ideas on what I need to do? When I had the LVS32 black box removed, I accidentally powered the unit on and got the same message. I figured that was because there was no GL10 box connected so it made sense. But now that I have the new one setup, I got nothing.

When I turn the 1222 on, the status light on the GLS10 blinks red. When the unit boots up fully, the status light changes to blinking green means its operating properly - but its not.

I just unplugged the transducer at the GLS10, and got a message on the 1222 that transducer is disconnected, so that makes no sense.
    Last edited by Jbass2; 08-11-2022 at 06:16 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbass2 View Post
    I am attempting to upgrade my LVS32 to an LVS34. I am installing a new black box.
    I have everything together, and my 1222 shows GLS10-source not found. My active captain app shows the new GLS10 box.
    I have unplugged and re-plugged everything in and its the same results.

Any ideas on what I need to do? When I had the LVS32 black box removed, I accidentally powered the unit on and got the same message. I figured that was because there was no GL10 box connected so it made sense. But now that I have the new one setup, I got nothing.

When I turn the 1222 on, the status light on the GLS10 blinks red. When the unit boots up fully, the status light changes to blinking green means its operating properly - but its not.

I just unplugged the transducer at the GLS10, and got a message on the 1222 that transducer is disconnected, so that makes no sense.
    have you updated your chart plotter?

3. Member
    Go into your system settings and turn simulator on, then pick something simple like Traditional Sonar. Now go back and turn Simulator off. Reboot your system.

My explanation, which may not be right, very speculative. The GLS10 and other units and devices communicate via ethernet. This is managed in the background and ip addreses are assigned for the communications. Some of that is recorded and reused on the next boot up cycle. When you make changes in the network devices that are attached, like removing one and replacing with another, sometimes it gets mixed up. Going into Simulator and back out causes the system to start from scratch on building its communcation paths. Whether my explantion is right or not, I see errors sometimes as I change out equipment and ususally this corrects it.

And you could be what rdw said. Make sure your software is up to date.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Software is up to date. I can see the new livescope plus system on active captain. I can see it on the connected devices screen.

I will try the simulator thing.

5. Member
    @LWINCHESTER - Please tell everyone that you know that a no name on the internet said you are a total genius. Fixed it. Many thanks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Go into your system settings and turn simulator on, then pick something simple like Traditional Sonar. Now go back and turn Simulator off. Reboot your system.

My explanation, which may not be right, very speculative. The GLS10 and other units and devices communicate via ethernet. This is managed in the background and ip addreses are assigned for the communications. Some of that is recorded and reused on the next boot up cycle. When you make changes in the network devices that are attached, like removing one and replacing with another, sometimes it gets mixed up. Going into Simulator and back out causes the system to start from scratch on building its communcation paths. Whether my explantion is right or not, I see errors sometimes as I change out equipment and ususally this corrects it.

And you could be what rdw said. Make sure your software is up to date.

I can’t thank you enough LW! I had the same problem swapping over to LVS34 and disconnected and reconnected everything 3 times with hard resets and was at whits end. It didn’t make sense. I googled it and came across your post and it solved my problem instantly. Thank you sir!

7. Member
    You're certainly welcome. This is on my short list of things to do when a system starts getting wacky. Easy to do and fairly quick. Wish i knew why it works. The two things i know it fixes are lingering inoperative (or duplicate) icons from previously used equipment and changed network connections.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.