2023 198p hoot foot

Anyone tried to put one on ? Just came in dealer says it won’t work unless I’m really short
    2023 ranger 198p

I am 6'4" and have to sit partly side saddle and there ain't no way I could use a hot foot! You could always just place one in a boat and see if it fits you.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Thx I pick it up next week
    2023 ranger 198p

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The cockpit in the 198p seems really tight compared to the 188, doesn't make sense to me.

Me either but it is. I think it’s to small for a hoot foot
    2023 ranger 198p

6. Member
    Not sure if there was a design change between my model year (2020) and the 2023 boats but I have a hot foot in mine. There is plenty of room and it is comfortable. You do have to take the foot rest out in order for the hot foot to fit. I cut mine (basically in half to allow room for the hot foot), re-carpeted it, and screwed it back in. Works very well..

7. Member
    The 198 was lengthened 6" between 202 and 2023 and I assume the seating area dimensions were altered. I have a 2021 and I have no complaints about the seating area but it is not large. It would be hard to fit a hot foot in a 2021 or newer model that leaves room for a driver to comfortably operate.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

8. Member
    Even if you take this foot rest out, you still can't fit a hot foot in there? That's what I did with mine. Took it out, cut it in half, re-carpeted it and re-installed it. That free'd up enough space on the right side of the modified/re-installed foot rest to install a hotfoot. I have not seen a 2021 or newer model in person but this picture is from the Ranger website and looks exactly like mine. Maybe I'm missing something...

RT198.JPG

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelkris76 View Post
    Even if you take this foot rest out, you still can't fit a hot foot in there? That's what I did with mine. Took it out, cut it in half, re-carpeted it and re-installed it. That free'd up enough space on the right side of the modified/re-installed foot rest to install a hotfoot. I have not seen a 2021 or newer model in person but this picture is from the Ranger website and looks exactly like mine. Maybe I'm missing something...

RT198.JPG
    This picture is from a new model. Ranger FINALLY updated the gallery pix for the 198... but oddly enough not the pix at the top of the model page.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

So on mine the fuse panel is in the foot rest and right behind the foot rest is a bundle of wires that come in from shifter area that would have to be moved
    2023 ranger 198p

I am glad my older rig has that fuse panel on the side as I needed to remove those foot rests to gain what little room I could. Still not enough room for me, but will make do! There ain't no way I could even consider a Hot Foot in my rig for me.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest