Can you get a SHO instead?

Based on the ranger site, looks like they only come from the factory with Mercury engines. Although I haven't asked any dealers yet, does anyone know if it's possible to swap the Merc for a Sho? Or since they come from the factory that way, is that a big no-no for a dealer to modify the boat (swap engines)?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The difficulty is availability of “loose” Yamaha engines; that is, Yamaha engines not designated for a boat manufacturer contracted with Yamaha. If a SHO can be found and a dealer is willing to swap for you [of course, rigging and gauges also would need to be swapped], my guess is that the dealer would be able to tell you of any other complications that might arise.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I got one of the last Rangers with a SHO. A dealer could do it post delivery but it would be expensive. If you want a SHO it seems you have to buy a Skeeter.

4. Member
    Not unless the dealer will put it on for you. The 2021 520L we have and took delivery of in May of 2021 came with a SHO, but you couldn't order it with a SHO in 2022....only Mercury.

Maybe in a few years or so when the 4-strokes are more plentiful !! And even then it'll depend on what WRM's motor program with each will be !! Who know, maybe even Suzuki, Honda and who ever comes up with !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents