Pitch change if going from 3 blade to 4 blade

Have an Xpress bay boat - 175 SHO with PowerTech 21p. I want a four blade and want to go with the Bravo instead of the Trophy to stay with a bigger hub. Do I need to go down in pitch on the Bravo or can I stay with the 21? On my 150 I used a 21 pitch trophy to replace the 21 pitch powertech and it worked well. Any pointers would be great.

2. Member
    Hard to say for sure, but generally speaking, if a Trophy works on a given set up, you need to go up one inch, and sometimes two, for the Bravo props.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

3. Member
    Try a 21 tempest on that boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_finder1 View Post
    Try a 21 tempest on that boat.

Heard that a lot - so that may be where I go. I want great holeshot but with a hydraulic jack plate guessing I can get it to yank out of the water with a 3 or 4 blade.

5. Member
    A 4 blade is better on a jackplate boat and shallow water in general. I'd go with a 20" bravo XS. You can always have tip cup needed to make it a 21....... that's all Mercury Racing does on the odd number props is add tip cup from the even numbered props.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt James View Post
    A 4 blade is better on a jackplate boat and shallow water in general. I'd go with a 20" bravo XS. You can always have tip cup needed to make it a 21....... that's all Mercury Racing does on the odd number props is add tip cup from the even numbered props.
    Ok good to know.