Thread: Ultrex Length

Question Ultrex Length

Hey all,

I got a call a couple weeks ago offering me a 50" Ultrex that was in stock. Wasn't in the place to pull that trigger just yet, and didn't think to ask the person this question. I currently have a 45" motorguide that looks to have plenty of room for a 50" mount, but I'm not doing anything, anymore without asking first.

Is adding that 5" going to cause an issue with mount holes, leaks, or any other thing my wild imagination can dream up?

Thanks.

Scott

I believe those two use the same mounting bracket.
    Mine is a 50" shaft cut down to 48.

3. Member
    The Motor Guide mount uses holes that are 4" apart. So that means you use the same holes on the Minn Kota Mount. The distance between the hole front to back Depends on the Motor Guide mount you have.
    The Minn Kota Mount holes are 11 1/2" front to back starting with the holes 4" apart. The holes that are 11 1/2 " back will match the last hole on the Motor Guide. You can mark the center holes by placing the 2 mount bases together to see where the center hole needs to be drilled on the Minn Kota mount. If you are only using two set of hole on the Motor Guide then I would drill a third set to make sure the mount is secure to the deck.
    The 50" shaft is not 50" on a Minn Kota. It is sold as 52"and measures 54". when you subtract the steering module and depth collar you will have roughly 12" less shaft. So roughly 42" below the steering Module. If you fish rough or choppy water this will be your best bet.
    The 52" Ultrex does uses a longer mount then the 45", but the hole pattern are the same as the 45" Ultrex.
    As extra info the 45" shaft is 48" actual with approximately 36 " below the steering module.
    Last I do not recommend you run with the depth collar against the head, because it has the potential to bend the head screw and or break the head if it slams down with the weight of the motor.