Thread: Air guns

Air guns

Does anyone here shoot air guns? Target shooting or hunting? I have a Hatsan AirTact .177. Is there any ammo that you shoot that doesn’t have flaws in the pellet? I usually use H&N. I have some Winchester also but they are worse than the others. I was wondering if anyone knew of any better ammo?

2. mikesxpress
    I have multiple PCP airguns including big bores for deer hunting. For the smaller calibers the JSB Match Diablo pellets in the heavyweights are more consistent in grouping for most guns and there Quality control is excellent.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    I have multiple PCP airguns including big bores for deer hunting. For the smaller calibers the JSB Match Diablo pellets in the heavyweights are more consistent in grouping for most guns and there Quality control is excellent.
    Thanks I’ll give them a try. What bore do you hunt deer with?

4. Member
    I'll have to look for those pellets as well, but need a new scope too. Any suggestions?

5. Member
    JSB is the ticket if you can find them in stock. I shoot a .22 and use the Diablo exact jumbo heavy. FX pellets are made by JSB and I use them as well.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

6. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    Thanks I’ll give them a try. What bore do you hunt deer with?
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ght=PCP+airgun

7. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I'll have to look for those pellets as well, but need a new scope too. Any suggestions?
    Look at the Hawke optics scopes for airguns. Lifetime warranty.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    JSB is the ticket if you can find them in stock. I shoot a .22 and use the Diablo exact jumbo heavy. FX pellets are made by JSB and I use them as well.
    Amazon has them in stock along with several other JSB’s.

9. Member
    That thing is quiet. How many shots do you get out of one charge? Sorry if missed it somewhere.

10. mikesxpress
    Michael I have a custom built Mega Pitbull. Pitbull airguns takes a stock Benjamin Bulldog and they add all there mods including additional sound suppression. As I primarily deer hunt with it, I opted for 2 full power shots (rotary magazine holds 5) when filled to the 3000 psi max. Regulated models will give you 5 shots all at the same power which would be better suited for bench target shooting.

11. mikesxpress
    I use the 4500 psi bottle for topping off all my PCPs. Pest control and deer hunting has me taking it to the dive shop for fills twice a year.

I still have all my powder burners but this PCP stuff is allot more fun and doesn't require hearing protection.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    Amazon has them in stock along with several other JSB’s.

Be careful as the JSBs are fakes at time. They come from Czech and from what I understand there are only a few shipments that come. I would buy from a reliable source.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Be careful as the JSBs are fakes at time. They come from Czech and from what I understand there are only a few shipments that come. I would buy from a reliable source.
    I bought these at my local gun shop/hardware store. They were much cheaper than others I’ve seen. I only paid $15.00 so I probably got the generics. Most others I saw were upwards of $30.00.

14. mikesxpress
    Check Airgun Depot. They buy directly from the OEM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Check Airgun Depot. They buy directly from the OEM.
    Will do. Thanks again. I’ve been thinking about getting a .22 caliber. Looking at the Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X Gen2. It’s right around $300.00. Do you or anyone know anything about them?