Thread: Warranty help

Warranty help

Is there a place where I can find out if my newly acquired boat motor still has warranty coverage? The person I purchased it from was going through a divorce and I cannot get in touch with them to verify. Im needing to get warranty transferred to my name if possible.

Serial # 2B541741

Thanks!
    Last edited by ChanceG; 08-10-2022 at 10:09 PM.
    Always Ready!

2. Member
    You also call Mercury to find out.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceG View Post
    Is there a place where I can find out if my newly acquired boat motor still has warranty coverage? The person I purchased it from was going through a divorce and I cannot get in touch with them to verify. Im needing to get warranty transferred to my name if possible.

Serial # 2B541741

Thanks!
    Warranty Period : 03/09/2018 - 03/09/2021
    MPP Period : 03/09/2021 - 03/09/2023 MPP PLAT

How do you get the transfer for the MPP
    Always Ready!

How do you get the transfer for the MPP
    https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...ct-protection/

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

There is a nominal fee, AND you need to get it transferred within 30 days of purchase.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1

There is a nominal fee, AND you need to get it transferred within 30 days of purchase.
    If I only have the name of the person but don’t have the address, can I still get this transfer with the fee?
    Always Ready!

8. Member
    If I only have the name of the person but don’t have the address, can I still get this transfer with the fee?
    need bill of sale

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Do you have a Bill of Sale that is signed by the Previous Owner, OR the dealer to whom the Previous Owner traded it to?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    I sent a copy of my bill of sale last Wednesday along with the transfer paperwork and received a reply from MPP stating they have received a large amount of correspondence and are experiencing longer processing times. I hope I hear back from them soon.

Do you have a Bill of Sale that is signed by the Previous Owner, OR the dealer to whom the Previous Owner traded it to?
    I have a copy from the person who sold it, but that was not the original owner though.
    Always Ready!

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    PM me the name of who you purchased it from, with the serial number and I'll check.

PM me the name of who you purchased it from, with the serial number and I'll check.
    Ok thanks, will do. Sorry just seeing the response been on vacation for a couple of weeks.
    Always Ready!