Connecting lowrance carbon nine to mercury SC 1000 speedometer

How do you wire the lowrance carbon line to a mercury SC 1000 speedometer gauge so that it reads the GPS speed?

2. Member
    There are five wires in the HDS communication bundle:
    Yellow (not the Yellow wake-up wire, the NMEA wire will be included with the other NMEA wires)
    Orange
    Blue
    Green
    Bare

Hook the yellow Lowrance wire to the white wire with Blue Stripe from the MercMonitor.
    Hook the Bare wire to the Blue Wire with White Stripe from the MercMonitor AND hook both to ground. I used the ground at the fuse block under the dash.

Press Menu twice, select Network, Turn NEMA 0183 communication on, select NEMA 0183 Sentences. On the sentences screen, I selected all of them under GPS and all other categories.

Do a MASTER RESET on the MercMonitor after all was completed. Select Settings, then Speed, turn Pilot Tube OFF and Paddlewheel OFF. Turn GPS Enable to ON, and turn USE GPS SPEED to Yes.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Thanks for the information. I’ll try it and I’m sure it will work. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    There are five wires in the HDS communication bundle:
    Yellow (not the Yellow wake-up wire, the NMEA wire will be included with the other NMEA wires)
    Orange
    Blue
    Green
    Bare

Hook the yellow Lowrance wire to the white wire with Blue Stripe from the MercMonitor.
    Hook the Bare wire to the Blue Wire with White Stripe from the MercMonitor AND hook both to ground. I used the ground at the fuse block under the dash.

Press Menu twice, select Network, Turn NEMA 0183 communication on, select NEMA 0183 Sentences. On the sentences screen, I selected all of them under GPS and all other categories.

Do a MASTER RESET on the MercMonitor after all was completed. Select Settings, then Speed, turn Pilot Tube OFF and Paddlewheel OFF. Turn GPS Enable to ON, and turn USE GPS SPEED to Yes.

NoCAL
    Mercmonitor and Smartcraft Speedo are two different gauges.

For the OP, the above procedure MAY work but the exact setup should be in your Smartcraft Tach/Speedo manual.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    I got the SC 1000 speedometer to show The speed from the GPS by connecting the yellow wire to the white wire with the blue stripe and connecting the blue wire to the blue wire with the white stripe and it worked.