Active Target interference?

I’m having some sort of issue that I’ve not yet solved. The AT has a good picture but has a “flash” to it on a regular pattern. I have stopped sonar on the other units with no change. I’ve also changed it over to its own battery with no change. I’m thinking maybe I should reinstall the software?
    my setup is: Carbon 12, Active Target, transducer mounted on a separate motorized pole, all run by a 50ah lithium battery mounted in a forward rod box with 8ft of 8 guage wire run through a 30 amp breaker to a bus bar that then each has its own fuse.
    This is not a big issue but would like to get rid of it if possible.
    Any suggestions? Thanks
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

2. Member
    I know you say you have Stopped Sonar but before trying everything you listed, try running the AT with every other unit turned OFF. And Stop all Sonar on the unit with AT. If the flashing/pulse is gone, you can feel confident it is acoustic interference (which it almost assuredly is) and not some weird electrical condition. Plus, a lot of people just end up living with it. It's annoying but it doesn't degrade the AT performance.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Back in July I brought up this same question. Obviously it's pretty widespread. I contacted Lowrance tech support and this is the list of things they suggested:

Here are the things you need to do.
    1. Try switching the ActiveTarget to a different ethernet.

2. After switching it, go to settings> network> data sources> auto-configure.
    3. Restart the system.
    4. If it is still the same, try using it without the ethernet.
    5. Update software for your HDS LIVE:
    https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=4341
    HDS CARBON:https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=4340
    6. If it still does not work, try doing a soft reset. Go to settings> system> restore defaults> put a check on Local Settings, global settings and alarm history.

It improved however it still shows up but not as bad as it was. I am planning on going back through the list. I'm pretty sure that the thing that helped the most was the auto-configure. The flash is coming from the unit that the transducer is connected to.

Good luck!

4. Member
    Just to clarify Stop Sonar also mean Stop Sonar on Structure Scan also. ON all units including the unit at the bow to the TM

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Mine does what the OP stated. I've tried everything mentioned and it is still there. Like a revolving inference the starts near the bottom and in a cylindrical fashion goes up and around. I live with it
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    If he would just mount the Puck on the other side under the TM Done and Done Never a problem there. This is also a good lesson to NEVER mount a Point 1 on the Bow. NEVER and NOT needed for any reason.

8. Member
    Trolling motor interference is all I have ever experienced
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823