Motorguide Digital Tour Pro

I just purchased a new Tour Pro from a BBC member, great experience BTW, and I am putting this on a 2015 Nitro Z9. The foot pedal is larger than the old Motorguide. Anybody else have this problem and if so what was the fix? also the old motor is 36V and when I hook the wires up no power shows on TM nor does it work...fuses seem to be OK...any other thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.

C4F

On the pedal, mine just fit in my space so I'm not really sure how to handle that. On the power, remember it does have to be deployed to "turn on", unless you have one of the last two software updates. If not, I'd recommend updating to the latest software version as it fixed some issues with mine, mainly spot lock issues.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Thanks!! I wondered about being deployed...my foot area is tapered to the back..

I really appreciate the insight

The new pedal fit in the same footwell on my BassCat Sabre FTD, albeit quite a bit tighter, that my old Tour 82 pedal was in. I’ll admit I was sweating it once I saw the thing out of the box before I checked it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    Thanks Razorcat - you are right - that thing is massive!! I have it all hooked up and now but I have not secured the foot pedal...I want to get it on the water to see how the main cable reacts.

C4F

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy 4 Fishin View Post
    Thanks Razorcat - you are right - that thing is massive!! I have it all hooked up and now but I have not secured the foot pedal...I want to get it on the water to see how the main cable reacts.

C4F
    You want a lazy "C" shape, not "S", for cable when deployed.

When I changed trolling motors on my buddies Nitro, he had the factory shallow cut out and the new pedal didn’t fit. I used a piece of wood like a 2x10 or 2x12 just to fit in the pan and screwed the pedal to that. I painted it black for a temporary fix but you’ll probably need a bigger tray.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    You want a lazy "C" shape, not "S", for cable when deployed.
    Exactly. Good way to describe it. Cable steer, and the feel of the metal pedal is what sold me on going with MG again.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Ensure the motor can steering 360* of rotation when using the pinpoint remote before securing the pedal. If it can’t, there’s likely a twisted steering cable (flip the pedal over), or cable tension issue. (Should
    have 1/8-1/4” of pedal play while the motor is stowed.

if manual cable tension needs adjusted, turn the big Phillips screw on the toe end of the foot pedal. Should only move it 1/8-1/4 turn at a time to set the pedal “Slop” or free play. After adjustment you should complete the M284 & M285 calibrations on MotorGuide.com.

10. Member
    Great input guys ...I just have the pedal on the deck as there is no way it will fit in the old tray. It deploys and stows so easy!!

I may see What it will take to put a new tray in. I do have to get the remote working..hooked up the motor without reading the directions ugh!! And I hard wired it