Bow Fishing- night lights

The other night I helped tow a bass boat to his ramp after he hit a buoy due to not being able to see as a boat, set up for bow fishing, kept all of the bright yellow lights on as he was moving in the main channel... basically blinding the driver and everyone else on the water. I saw the same boat and couldn't tell which way he was moving or how far he was from me (at least a mile) when I was flagged down by the boat I helped. I can't tell from the regs I've found if this is regulated or not. I've left a message for our local TWRA agent but haven't heard back. This has been on the increase on the lakes I fish at night (Priest primarily) and although I find it irritating it has now turned dangerous for at least one guy. Any idea what the law is and also why they can't or don't turn those lights off when they're running vs. fishing?

2. Moderator
    The few people I knew that did this kept the lights on because it meant starting and stopping the generator all the time. I agree it could be dangerous and hard to tell which way they are traveling.

3. Member
    Bowfishing vessels can leave their lights on if fishing down the bank. The vessels must have their navigational lights on also. The vessels can not run their bright lights on pad/plane as they are underway due to blinding other operators and the bright lights block/ interfere with their red/green and 360 degree all around white light.