New chapter - switching brands

I just sent Al my listing for my 2020 521L / Merc. I am moving over to the Phoenix Elite 921 / Merc. Going to miss the fit / finish of my Ranger, but wanted something a little more sporty feeling. I will still be on this board and really looking forward to a lot more feedback on the R boats. Man, even though I travel pretty light, I had a lot of stuff in those storage boxes LOL.

2. Member
    Congrats on your new boat

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Congrats on your new boat
    This^^

Let us know your initial thoughts once you get it
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

That 21 is a big ol rig. I. Sure you’ll be happy. One of my long time tour pro buds just ordered the same boat. He’s a long term Ranger guy, but Phoenix makes sense for him now, both from a financial stand point and potential incentive money. Congrats.

5. Member
    Welcome to the dark side

6. Member
    mengphoenix soon????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Excellent decision Mike........ Thinking to do the same rolling into Phoenix!
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    At ~400 hours had injectors clean and calibrated by INTEGRITY Injection (by
    European Marine)

8. Member
    Mike, I'm actually on the fence between getting a Ranger Z520c/L and a Phoenix 920Elite/ProXP. I'd really appreciate your initial thoughts and feedback on the ride, fisbability, fit and finish of the new Phoenix compared to the Ranger whenever you get a chance.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    May have to do the same in a few years but still love my Ranger!

10. Member
    OK, this is very early. Ride / Speed go to Phoenix. I gave up a center rod box (very few guys pay for the add in rod tubes in center box), so have rods in part and starboard boxes. Not sure how long this will take for me to get use to. If you keep a boat at home, you could keep the 6-8 go to rods on deck, but I am in storage. The center box is huge (seems to be 1.5 or more deeper than my Ranger. f your not careful, you could end up with 200lbs or more there LOL. I have to put plugs in at the bottom of the two livewells. All of my Rangers, you just moved to recirc to keep water out when fun fishing. The pump out is better as it is a button at console vs my 521L where I had to pull out the aerator then hit button. I am not sure if any other boat can compare to a Ranger for fit and finish. The Phoenix is nice, Ranger is great. I am back to carpet in front boxes vs the glass and rubber mats of my 521L. The seadeck is very comfortable, but it's going to be a bear to keep clean. I t is much more porous vs the console rubber mat in the Ranger. I can run a 24 Fury vs my Ranger 23 Fury. That equates to 3-5 mph faster. The Phoenix trailers looks cool! My Black Denali looks pedestrian now. Might have to get it jacked up... Just kidding on that. I am too old for that. As I have know all along, every boat is compromises. Just have to determine what your main need / want is. Both fish very good, not sure if I could pick a winner yet, but the Ranger was as stable as a dock. I am adding the remote drain plug as I am not going to be going under the boat every time I fish. The boat is rigged a lot like my Ranger. 16 Lowrance and 2 12 Lowrances at bow with Active Target. I had Solix 15, Soilx 12 and Garmin 10 livescope.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    OK, this is very early. Ride / Speed go to Phoenix. I gave up a center rod box (very few guys pay for the add in rod tubes in center box), so have rods in part and starboard boxes. Not sure how long this will take for me to get use to. If you keep a boat at home, you could keep the 6-8 go to rods on deck, but I am in storage. The center box is huge (seems to be 1.5 or more deeper than my Ranger. f your not careful, you could end up with 200lbs or more there LOL. I have to put plugs in at the bottom of the two livewells. All of my Rangers, you just moved to recirc to keep water out when fun fishing. The pump out is better as it is a button at console vs my 521L where I had to pull out the aerator then hit button. I am not sure if any other boat can compare to a Ranger for fit and finish. The Phoenix is nice, Ranger is great. I am back to carpet in front boxes vs the glass and rubber mats of my 521L. The seadeck is very comfortable, but it's going to be a bear to keep clean. I t is much more porous vs the console rubber mat in the Ranger. I can run a 24 Fury vs my Ranger 23 Fury. That equates to 3-5 mph faster. The Phoenix trailers looks cool! My Black Denali looks pedestrian now. Might have to get it jacked up... Just kidding on that. I am too old for that. As I have know all along, every boat is compromises. Just have to determine what your main need / want is. Both fish very good, not sure if I could pick a winner yet, but the Ranger was as stable as a dock. I am adding the remote drain plug as I am not going to be going under the boat every time I fish. The boat is rigged a lot like my Ranger. 16 Lowrance and 2 12 Lowrances at bow with Active Target. I had Solix 15, Soilx 12 and Garmin 10 livescope.
    Congrats on the new boat and wish you the best with it. Great detailed writeup that points out differences with no bashing of either.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

12. Member
    Congrats on new boat!