Boat storage disucssion

so currently, I back my boat in the garage and open all the compartment lids and I leave them open. I have a metal garage and it gets very hot in there. This is until I get it insulated and the fans/AC installed for temp control. Is it a lot of wear and tear on the gas strut hinges to leave the compartments open? Keeping them closed, it gets very hot in the compartments and I worry about soft plastics/tackle/line/equipment. Open for discussion, thanks!

2. Member
    Leaving lids open is no problem from my experience. Did it all the time if I had fished in a down pour.

3. Member
    good to know! I was wondering because I leave them open for a week between fishing outings

Always have left mine open too. I usually put a fan in there to circulate air too.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

5. Member
    I leave mine in my garage with the lids open and I can assure you its a lot hotter here in West Texas then it is in Tennessee.

It's actually better on the gas spring to be fully extended vs closed

7. Member
    The only issue I see with leaving the lids up, is more of a chance of a lil critter getting in.

The only time I leave mine open is when it gets damp from fishing in the rain. All other times they are closed and never had any trouble with the soft plastics.