CAYMAS BOAT LOT'S OF 22 INVENTORY STILL ON THE LOTS

Has anyone else noticed a lot of 22 models' still for sale phoenix and skeeter have sold most of the 22 year model's most dealers that carry These brands are mostly 23 models, they are starting to be more of these trickling in. I have a Phoenix on order getting tired of the wait.. I almost considered one just curious has anyone else noticed or is just me . Seems like when there was no inventory anywhere else the dealer's that sold these always had some on hand... did they not shut down during covid?They to me seem to appear to be a quality built boat, personally i like the layout.

2. Member
    The skeeters and phoenix boats were sold before production. Caymas was actually able to keep up with production.

3. Member
    I was told they never slowed down during the covid times.

4. Member
    Caymas never really slowed down and was able to get motors and parts. Friend on mine has had a Skeeter in order since November ’21and still doesn’t have a build date. I got my 23model Caymas last week and the quality is top notch.

5. Member
    Slowdown is not in Earl language: laugh: he doubled in size in just a few years, getting ready to build a massive office building. He told me his self that he has production sold out for over a year plus getting ready to hire 350 people, there's no slowing him down that i know of. Right now, I firmly believe he's making the best boat offered in the bass boat world especially after running one for the last two years.

6. Member
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I would like your guys thoughts. I’m a fan of the cx boats, I’ve really looked at them close at a dealer at lake of the ozarks and have been impressed! I’m fishing out of a 2017 nitro z18 and will get a bigger boat when I can afford one. My question is Earl has a history of building a great boat and the brand up, then selling the company. A few of those brands aren’t made any more and there value are down. I don’t know if it would stop me from buying one but that has been on my mind. What are your guys thoughts?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I would like your guys thoughts. I’m a fan of the cx boats, I’ve really looked at them close at a dealer at lake of the ozarks and have been impressed! I’m fishing out of a 2017 nitro z18 and will get a bigger boat when I can afford one. My question is Earl has a history of building a great boat and the brand up, then selling the company. A few of those brands aren’t made any more and there value are down. I don’t know if it would stop me from buying one but that has been on my mind. What are your guys thoughts?
    He is building too much right now and has family involved in this deal, this is his baby and I don’t see him selling out. I could be very wrong but I don’t see it happening in this case.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Doesn't bother me. I'm just happy to own, arguably, the best bass boat on the water.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    He is building too much right now and has family involved in this deal, this is his baby and I don’t see him selling out. I could be very wrong but I don’t see it happening in this case.
    Triton was his baby too. He builds a good boat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Triton was his baby too. He builds a good boat.
    But triton isn’t as big as what he’s got going right now, little different deal but if somebody comes along with enough money I wouldn’t blame him at all.

Love the layout of the CX18 SS. That's what sold me.

In no particular order.......Layout, no carpet in the lockers, surf turf cockpit, leg room, finished bilge compartment, built in nav lights, custom suspension bucket seats, warranted for life on the hull - stringers - transom.

Did I say layout?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Money is his baby and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. The man has built some great boats over the years. If he sells the company in time so be it. Maybe you’re right and his family will continue on

13. Member
    I may be crazy but I think one day Caymas will be an employee owned company. And I do not have a good reason to say this, it is just a feeling that I have.

14. Member
    Earl has a pretty sweet deal now with the land owner, and that has helped him expand the product into the center console's and such. Its helped them turn boats out faster than most places as well. Factory is a wayyy bigger now with more room outside too. I think he is finally able to do it like he wants now without the constraints of space and funds.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I may be crazy but I think one day Caymas will be an employee owned company. And I do not have a good reason to say this, it is just a feeling that I have.
    Would not surprise me a bit, he thinks a lot of his employees

16. Member
    My next boat will be a Caymas. I think the reason you see a ton in stock and available is the price. There pricing is kind of ridiculous honestly. I base CX20 is $80,000. That has to be atleast $10,000 higher than a phoenix 920 ProXP

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lee View Post
    My next boat will be a Caymas. I think the reason you see a ton in stock and available is the price. There pricing is kind of ridiculous honestly. I base CX20 is $80,000. That has to be atleast $10,000 higher than a phoenix 920 ProXP
    But you get more with the Caymas... More interior space, much better carpet, fully finished boxes, padded deck, the list goes on... I compared the two and went with Caymas. The better comparison is the elite series... Then the price is more comparable... Caymas still beats it though.

18. Member
    Make sure you sit in the driver’s console of the Caymas CX18 before you pull the trigger. Maybe all Caymas bass boats have similar console space but my knees bumped into the driver’s console so much that I know unless they change that part, I can’t pull the trigger on the CX18 GtS. Basically, I could not sit with my knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Would make for a very uncomfortable ride in some chop, and the gas pedal was also not ergonomic whatsoever. Absolutely loved the boat though. Lots of great, thoughtful features. Also, might not a problem if you are 6’ or under (I am 6’ 3”).

And yes there is a small adjustment the dealer can make to re-mount the driver seat further back but the extra inch wouldn’t have changed anything for my fitment.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559