2nd try 2005 EFI oil alarm

2005 EFI 200. On the way back to the ramp oil alarm started going off. 4 beeps. We stopped and checked the oil tank on the side of the motor was full and under pressure. Tank by the batteries was 1/3 full and under pressure. Does the tank by the batteries have a sensor that might go bad or do you think it the sensor on the tank at the motor. I plan on adding more oil in the tank that's 1/3 full to see if it makes a difference. Motor never ran hot. Thanks
    Sorry about posting in wrong spot and not reading the rules. Here is what I found on the paper work for the motor
    Model # 1-200413D Serial #1B149276 2.5L
    2005 EFI 200. On the way back to the ramp oil alarm started going off. 4 beeps. We stopped and checked the oil tank on the side of the motor was full and under pressure. Tank by the batteries was 1/3 full and under pressure. Does the tank by the batteries have a sensor that might go bad or do you think it the sensor on the tank at the motor. I plan on adding more oil in the tank that's 1/3 full to see if it makes a difference. Motor never ran hot. Thanks
    Sorry about posting in wrong spot and not reading the rules. Here is what I found on the paper work for the motor
    Model # 1-200413D Serial #1B149276 2.5L
    Don't take life so seriously no one get's out alive

2. Member
    there is no low alarm in boat tank , mtr tank most likely , float problem , easy test paper clip between connectors for sensor on tank = no beep = bad float /tank
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also- unless you had a Smartcraft Instrument that provided you with Fault Info, there is no way for you to determine "which one of dozens of possible faults" caused the "non-critical warning".

An appropriate diagnostic tool can be used to read the Run History and the Freeze Frame (Fault) History, which will identify what fault was occurring.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank you
    Don't take life so seriously no one get's out alive