Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar

Bbc appliance repair.

I have an older samsung dish washer. Tripped out in flood switch. Took it apart and cleaned it. Put it back in. Still tripped out on flood. It was mouse pee not water. Dont see any other damage. Anyone have any experiance fixing this? Wife is on me to call someone.
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

2. Member
    What is this flood switch? Is a water sensor that shuts things down if detected? Is it a rope style? If so, the manufacturer I worked for has that style on differnt models. If wet, cleaned, mopped, whatever, it takes a while for it to dry out. Our equipment has overides to ignore the alarm until it dries out. Once dry it can be reset. Does your dishwasher have an overide for it?

3. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    I dont think so. Mine has 4 pins that stick down in to a little tray. When water touches it the circuit is completed. Or i assume so. Cant find any prints online.
    Keith Rose

4. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    Keith Rose

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish.Team.Rose View Post
    I dont think so. Mine has 4 pins that stick down in to a little tray. When water touches it the circuit is completed. Or i assume so. Cant find any prints online.
    I think you are correct. Have you tested across the pins for continuity? Hard to imagine how there could be....could there be moisture in the connector? A continuity check will rule it in or out.