Pros & Cons on a Pro 16

Guys I fish a small lake that I live on. I fish by myself and I sold my big Ranger because it was to much boat for me to handle. I’ve ran a cross a nice Pro 16 with a 25 hp 4 stroke. I took it out and I could get 25 mph by myself and I’m good with that. Is there anything about a 16 I should know before I buy it? Thanks for any info.

2. Member
    I fish out of a panfish 16. I know its not the same but it is similar. I fish a bunch of smaller 30- 400 acre lakes and these boats shine in getting into tight spots and maneuvering around in them. I also fish by myself and have a 30 hp 2 stroke on mine and it moves out at about 27 mph. I also fish a couple of larger lakes, and being in Kansas with the wind I just pick my days to fish them. I do not find the boat very tippy and feel pretty comfortable in it (I'm a big guy too 6'4" and 250 lbs). For a one person rig I'm having a blast in mine . It would start getting crowded fast with two people specially if your both throwing 7 foot rods. The best thing I did on mine was put a 24 volt 80 foot pound trolling motor with spot lock. It holds that little boat in the wind on point all day with no problems. Also on small lakes that trolling motor will move you around so conveniently that there are a lot of times the only time I fire up the outboard is to load back on the trailer. Good luck with your decision.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

I’m a proud owner of a 2010 Pro 16. So you guys will be seeing a lot more of me in this forum.

4. Member
    Congratulations on the boat. Hope it brings you much joy!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

5. Member
    Congratulations
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

6. Member
    Congrats enjoy; I to am going to a smaller alum. boat to fish on smaller lakes most of the time also.