Question ZOOM magnum SPEED Worms

Who uses these Magnum Speed worms!!!! How do you use them, Technique???? What type hooks and size???
    I use them as TOP WATER with 5/0 skip gap hook.
    recently I have been schooled on them as a Texas rig with a 4/0 round bend hook.
    I know you guys use them other ways, let’s hear how you use them and tackle.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    I don't use the magnum size much but my boat wouldn't hold the fish I've caught on the regular size. I use a 1/8 or 3/16 ounce weight and fish them like a spinnerbait. Once I get a bite I wait a second to make sure they have it, then I make sure the slack is out of the line before setting the hook. Hardly ever have one turn it loose. I've led them around the boat like a dog on a leash prefishing not wanting to catch them.

I always rig it tail up.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Thanks for your input. I use the regular size some but prefer the magnums. I have used them weightless and slow reel back to the boat. YES, they do slam them.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    I use to use them, as said above . But i start using BPS 10 inch worms in there place . I just break the mount off, i dont want to use .
    Had a boat full of them . As i use to use them for ledge fishing a lot on the lake i fish the most .

5. Member
    Normal Texas rig. Work it like a normal worm, slow roll it, or fish it through pads like a swim jig. I can’t tell you how many bass I’ve caught doing this.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro