MK345PC charger question

About 3 years old, worked fine two weeks ago. It is hooked up to three AGM batteries also 3 years old. When I plug it in it starts off at 25%, then goes to 50%, then to 75% and just sits there never getting to 100%. I left it this way for 6 hours and it never got to 100%. I know all three batteries did not go bad all at once. When I unplug it the three yellow lights showing 75% stay illuminated. I let it sit unplugged for an hour and the lights were still on. I had to remove one of the fuses from each charger lead to get them to turn off. Reinstalled the fuse and they stay off. Tried to charge again and the same scenario happened. Thoughts appreciated.

2. Member
    Do you have the charger set to AGM? There are 3 settings. Wet cell,AGM and Gel. If you look in the manual the lights tell you what the 3 circuits are setup as. Bob
    When first powered up one yellow led will light up next to the battery type it is set at. It will change to a percentage after that.75% means AGM-50% is flooded lead acid and 25% means Gel. They may not charge properly if not set correctly. Damage can occur to some types depending on a wrong setting. Dowmload the manual on the Minn Kota site if you don’t have the manual.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-09-2022 at 05:03 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Do you have the charger set to AGM? There are 3 settings. Wet cell,AGM and Gel. If you look in the manual the lights tell you what the 3 circuits are setup as. Bob
    When first powered up one yellow led will light up next to the battery type it is set at. It will change to a percentage after that.75% means AGM-50% is flooded lead acid and 25% means Gel. They may not charge properly if not set correctly. Damage can occur to some types depending on a wrong setting. Dowmload the manual on the Minn Kota site if you don’t have the manual.
    They are set correctly for AGM. Been using this charger for three years and no problems till today.

4. Member
    3 years is not bad if you work them pretty hard. The deeper the discharge the harder they have to work. They will steadily loose capacity. Normally they will show 100% SOC, but with less amp hours available. With good connections a 3 batteries will age pretty evenly. Sometimes one will get lower before the others and the imbalance will speed the end for the bank. Not many choices. Either the batteries or the charger. All at once is the way to change them. They will all last longer if they are equal. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    My old one did similar and then 1 bank wouldn't charge AGM's.

A Noco now resides in the boat.