I own a GPSMAP 8616xsv with the latest software, and have been using Lake Vu 3G Ultra West for my fishing chart (including using Active Captain app on iphone/ipad).

Recently I swapped that map software out for the Navionics Vision Plus with subscription. Everything installed as expected EXCEPT I cannot get the level of bathymetric detail I want now to show up on the 8616xsv in either the nav or fishing chart. The 1' contour lines are there (and I can easily turn them on and off), but the actual depth number labels that correspond to each line are few and far between. My old Lake Vu 3G ultra had numbers assigned literally to every line. This is important to me as I fish inland lakes in the Midwest (mainly Grand Lake in Oklahoma) and want that level of detail in my fishing chart given a lot of shallow terrain in my lake.

Oddly, I can get the 1’ depth detail to easily show on my iphone and ipad when I download the area where I live/fish using my new Navionics subscription and Active Captain charts---so the data is there. But oddly the detail depth numbers do not show up nearly as well when transferred to the chart plotter. All the other items of interest do—-Ramps, photos, marinas, sat images etc.

I have the chart plotter set to MOST detail. I have toggled between all levels and really no change. I have toggled around the map SIZE as well, no change. I have zoomed in and out on my chart plotter screen. No luck. Again, it is all there on the mobile device. But not much on the chart plotter. If I was fishing in a large cove, I would see all the contour lines, and probably 3 or 4 with depth labels. That's it. They would be random too. Like 3, 5, 15 , 32.

I have updated Active Captain transfers from my mobile device to the GPSMAP 3 times over the course of a long week and it still does not add the 1’ individual depth “numbers”, although it does show it transferred an update given the date stamp updates. BTW....this is really a focus both for the fishing map. Nav seems to be a little better with depth details, but not by a lot.

I am at a loss. I am tempted to go back to 3G Ultra, but Navionics has to have this data because it is on my mobile devices. My mobile device literally has nearly every line labeled. And the plotter seems capable because it was there using 3G Ultra West maps.

I feel like I am one toggle setting away on the chart plotter to fixing this. But I feel like I have tried them all! Any help would be appreciated!