Deep Water Vertical Bass Fishing with ML?

I am a Deep water vertical bass fisherman in fall and winter. I fish for bass feeding in Shad Pods mainly in 20-40ft water over a 60-80 ft bottom. This will be my first Season of this style of fishing with ML and wondering if any of you guys have fished for bass this way with ML? With ML being so new and still with a lot of kinks in it not sure a lot of fishermen have really used ML a great deal for Deep water Vertical fishing. If anyone has any tips for ML for this type of fishing it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    3B5E720E-5E31-43E5-9F0E-1C62DA51A71B.jpeg

haven’t got anything on down view mode. But I use forward mode. It’s cool!
    2020 Tracker TXW 175 Tournament Edition
    Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 9 MSI G3N
    Mega 360, Mega Live, Target Lock
    Ultrex 52”/80lb MDI I-Pilot Link
    Dual Ethernet Hub

3. Member
    I mostly fish this same way in late fall and early winter here in Arkansas on a deep highland lake. I've been fishing this way for years I still rely on my 2D sonar so I can see the fish directly under the boat and see my line dropping to the fish. I use my Mega 360 to find the fish, bait and or trees and then get closer and watch the Mega Live to see how the fish are reacting but mostly I use the 2D to pick out the bigger fish. Another thing to use the Mega Live this way is to stand back a little from the trees or bait and then when you see fish throw your bait such as A-Rig, Dimiki rig or what ever type bait you like at the fish. All the talk about seeing your bait way out in front of you is really not needed or at least in my case. The most I need to see my bait fishing the way you mention is about 40ft and that's a stretch it's about accuracy with the bait anyway. I also, like find the deep creek channels where the fish stage up for the winter and then I use the Mega Live to see the fish lying on the bottom in those channels and cast my drop shot out to them. I don't have any special settings on my Mega Live, mostly have the transducer set to forward 30-40 degrees and downrange up to 50ft. Just play with the settings so you can see the fish. I had everything dialed in up until this latest update and now nothing is working the way it did before so I hope to get mine working the way I need it again before the fun starts later this year.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    It is looking like the mid south reservoir guys have some different fishing tactics to hone in on with Mega Live. I happen to be mostly a walleye guy, but winter tactics sound very much the same. I am looking forward to late fall and winter this year. I hope to be loosing less rigs in the trees and learn how the fish react to different rigs just outside the branches. 2D has been useful for schooling fish over the years, but the additional info on Live should be useful and a little less yanking (heavy duty jigging). The old shoulders and elbow’s are getting a bit sore these days. Hoping to be able to use more finesse. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Thanks for replies and info. My home Lake is Laurel River Lake in SE KY It a lot like what hoppercatcher described.