04 200EFI broken reed. OT846979

I have a 04 200 EFI OT846979 that wouldn't idle the last time I fished. Got it on pad and ran back to the ramp. Took it apart today, was going to send off the injectors to have them cleaned. And saw that I had a broken reed. I couldn't find it in the block. I saw where it had scratched the inside of the block in 2 places. I took a small hose on a shop vac and cleaned it out the best I could. I found a few small metal particles in the shop vac. What are the chances that the rest of the pieces made it through to the exhaust valve and everything is fine? I went ahead and sent the injectors to be cleaned and plan on ordering a new set of reeds tomorrow. I checked the top of the piston, atleast what I could see through the spark plug hole and didn't see any damage. Anything else I should look for and check other than a new set of spark plugs.

Thanks, Glen

2. Member
    50/50 ...what if its stuck in port , you have seen some damage already to cyl wall thats steel the side of piston is aluminum and rings will be damaged some , are you a gambler hmmmmm
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I didn't see any damage in the cylinder . The only scratch I saw was in the block with the crankshaft.

4. Member
    aaaah much better , and i have seen them go through and not touch a thing ,also found them in intake plenum , hoping for the best for ya full recovery
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Good time to put in some better reeds like TDR or CC
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I ordered some TDR Reeds today.