Thread: Lake mead

Lake mead

Hey guys. I know I’m not from out west but love lake mead the times I got to be on it. I’ve been seeing all the videos and especially sin city outdoors. My question is anyone of you Nevada guys still fishing mead? Is it real dangerous? It’s strictly out of curiosity

2. Member
    WON Bass moved the US Open in October to Lake Mohave from Lake Mead. I think a lot of that decision had to do with the low water levels and safety....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

3. Member
    Really if you are cautious and have decent mapping it's no more dangerous than it has been in the past as the water drops. The biggest thing that is deterring bass fisherman right now is the boat ramp situation. One ramp that is terrible for the whole lake, combine that with the high traffic from other summer time boaters and it's just not getting fished as much. That all being said, the lake is fishing really well right now (for August) and the vegetation growth around the lake is incredible. Let's hope they can get things figured out with the water levels and the access situation.