2021 ZXR20 250SHO motor Skeg discoloring

Currently fish a power plant lake I’ve got 50 hours on the boat. There is a residue that i can notice on certain spots of the boat. I wipe down the boat with Hot Sauce after every trip and use Slick Mist every few weeks. I first started noticing it on the hill and prop I bought a ton of different cleaners and nothing would take it off. Finally I got some muriatic acid and diluted it 50/1, I’d wipe it on and immediately wash it off and it would take off the residue. Over the last month I have noticed my Skeg is turning white. I tried my standard cleaners and they wouldn’t take it off. I’ve only had to use the acid one time so I figured I’d try it, used a small dab on the Skeg and nothing.

As you can see by the picture
    it’s turning white like a white paint has been applied. Any thoughts on this? I’m hesitant to keep trying the acid and don’t want to try and scrape or sand it off.

appreciate any advice. Thanks!

1A8AF266-A336-4196-95C7-C13C64982154.jpeg

Honestly a guess but most time skeg discoloration is caused by electrolysis and/or a reaction with something in the water ie hard water deposit type stuff... CLR should knock it right off if the latter is the case.

Do you fish in any other waters, or only the Power Plant lake?

Most common cause for electrolysis is grounding issue, or improperly wired jump switch (more for TM I think). Any recent electronics change or wiring changes?