Z18- poles/raptors- what side if getting only one?

Looking for feedback mainly to see if anyone added on the port side and it was too cramped with the boarding ladder? I think i'd rather have it on the port side but was thinking starboard just to not have to worry about the ladder. I do occasionally use it when it gets super hot out, etc
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

2. Member
    I have 2 Poles on mine so can't recommend either side, but, the one on the port side does not cramp my ladder. I do have it mounted to my jack plate if that makes a difference.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    Starboard side, then you can add a power pole light to the top of it and never have to unpack the pole light.

4. Member
    I have a 2019 Z19 and only one pole. It is on the port side and no problem with the ladder. I do regret only get one pole wish I had put 2 on when I ordered it. I most fish a deep reservoir which is why I only got one for when they pull the dock out in the spring and fall so I can beach the boat. Now wish I had 2 for when fish the shallow areas of the lake. Or when I fish different waters. If you can I would recommend the second I think it would save you from kicking yourself later.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

I had one behind the driver as there may be less bugs smashed on it because the windshield got them first. But, it's a lot easier to see the port side to see it's up before blasting off so I'd probably go passenger side in the future

6. Member
    Appreciate the feedback- didn't even think about adding the raptor light to it
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS