Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Buy your own tractor, pull loads when & where you want.

2. Member
    I was training a fella a few years ago. We were on the exit ramp to go from i640 to i75n and i275s. He had more than adequate following distance to the truck in front of us. All of the sudden three cars change lanes (by this point on the ramp it is illegal to change lanes) right in front of him and immediately stop. He barely touched the car in front of him. All on video and he still got a ticket. When the safety officer at work reviewed it he said the trainee wasn't at fault. When it went to court the judge said the trainee was at fault, the cop who wrote the ticket said "had I seen the video, I wouldn't have issued the citation". The trainee still got fired over it
    To those that don't mind the two way camera, good for you, I just can't abide by it. I spent over 20 years in the military also and I know abput following rules. But, I also follow my gut 100%, and when it tells me something ain't right I listen to it.
    I could've went the same day that I quit my job and got another one doing the same exact thing, hauling the same product for a little less money. No cameras at all in the trucks. I'm just waiting a bit seeing if something comes up that isn't "oversized".

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Not to many trucking companies left without some form of DriveCam. I've seen it protect more drivers then it's hurt and it sure the heck protects the company. The company is the one with the HUGE dollar sign on the side of the truck.

Even if you don't have it plenty of passenger cars do so your actions might be recorded anyway.

The one I've used over the years do not record full time, it's not like I could dial into the truck and stare at the driver and listen to his conversations or want to for that matter.

Events trigger the recording, hard brake, speeding, bumpy surface, G force then it sent video clips. Some insurance companies require it or give a lower rates.

Anywho good luck and I'm sure you'll find something easy with your CDL. Hey I have an opening - Wait we have DriveCam.
    There are times when a driver will be sitting in his truck, truck in park. They will call and ask why the seat belt isn't buckled. So, even though recordings are event triggered, anyone that jas access to the cameras can pull up live feed whenever they want, and this is what I don't like.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Buy your own tractor, pull loads when & where you want.
    This will be in the works very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Not to many trucking companies left without some form of DriveCam. I've seen it protect more drivers then it's hurt and it sure the heck protects the company. The company is the one with the HUGE dollar sign on the side of the truck.

Even if you don't have it plenty of passenger cars do so your actions might be recorded anyway.

The one I've used over the years do not record full time, it's not like I could dial into the truck and stare at the driver and listen to his conversations or want to for that matter.

Events trigger the recording, hard brake, speeding, bumpy surface, G force then it sent video clips. Some insurance companies require it or give a lower rates.

Anywho good luck and I'm sure you'll find something easy with your CDL. Hey I have an opening - Wait we have DriveCam.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    There are times when a driver will be sitting in his truck, truck in park. They will call and ask why the seat belt isn't buckled. So, even though recordings are event triggered, anyone that jas access to the cameras can pull up live feed whenever they want, and this is what I don't like.
    It depends on the subscription the company pays for. We do not have that ability.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

7. Member
    Start my new job next monday. Gonna head down to florida first and see if I can catch any redfish, trout or pompano!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    I was told that a CDL is the blue collar PhD in that you can find a job anywhere with a CDL.

Good luck on the job hunt to the OP.
    unfortunately I have heard that about having a driver's license around here. Between drugs and DUI's. No help to be found.

9. Member
    Start my new job next monday. Gonna head down to florida first and see if I can catch any redfish, trout or pompano!
    Can’t help ya find any of those here in central FL, but when you drive past The Villages, wave to your former Claiborne County neighbor

Congrats on the new job!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

10. Member
    I deliver 3 homes to Sebring Fl in july. I really wished that I could've fished Lake Jackson.

11. Member
    I deliver 3 homes to Sebring Fl in july. I really wished that I could've fished Lake Jackson.
    If you think you’ll have a little bit of free time, like after delivery and before you have to return, maybe somebody in the Florida forum can make that happen. There’s people in that forum living fairly close to Jackson
    -David Daye

12. Member
    That was with my old job, I won't be delivering homes anymore. Now I will be delivering utility trailers, but you never know where you'll have to take a 10 hr break?

13. Member
    That was with my old job, I won't be delivering homes anymore. Now I will be delivering utility trailers, but you never know where you'll have to take a 10 hr break?
    Homesteader?

Sounds like a good plan to use the mandated rest
    -David Daye

14. Member
    Daiwa makes some great pack rods. Always be ready, small ponds are everywhere.

15. Member
    Yes it is Homesteaders, Cargo carrier corp.

16. Member
    I've owned and operated 4 mobile home parks. Some very talented drivers in that industry.Almost always amazed to watch how they could set a 16'x 76' on a tight lot.I'm guessing you could pretty much get a great job anywhere doing what you do.

I'm happy for you !!!

congrats!!

Hope you can catch some fish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123