where to buy Airmar TM165HW with Navico 9 pin?

Anyone know where I can purchase the Airmar TM165HW transducer with the Navico 9 pin connector (not the adapter cables)?

The only places I've found it online are asking $750 - which seems insane.

If it's not easily available, can anyone point me to the standard 165 and the correct adapter cable for HDS Live 12?
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    9-pin is the standard for TM165HW for Navico, it is simply not made with the older 7-pin connector. Airmar stopped making transducers with those years ago.

3. Member
    So this site is selling one...

https://www.anchorexpress.com/Airmar...RoC8bgQAvD_BwE

... and it says "requires adapter cable". But you're saying it should have the 9 pin compatible with HDS Live?

There seems to be no solid information on what's needed to install this thing.
    2023 Puma STS

4. Member
    They required an adaptor to connect to the 7 pin sonar port of HDS Gen 3 and Carbon. The 9 pin will connect directly to the HDS Live Sonar port (or to the Structure port but then you would lose Structure). Can read on the Airmar site that is has XDucer ID which is a 9 pin auto ID transducer. I kind of wonder with these transducers, are you guys fishing super deep lakes that you need this kind of high end transducer? TM150 is less expensive and seems like all one would need for freshwater applications. I'm still using a PDRT though so what do I know? LOL

NoCAL
    Last edited by NoCAL; 08-08-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Thanks for trying to clarify.

Many of these sites selling it say it's a "mix and match", which isn't mentioned anywhere in the Airmar website. I wasn't sure if the "mix and match" was some old tech that was no longer used - or an older model - or just a different model.

The descriptions also say "requires mix and match cable".

Some also say "The TM165HW is an AIRMAR Mix and Match transducer. 600W Mix and Match transducers are made as a common base transducer with a short (2m) cable attached, plus an interchangeable longer (8m) brand-specific adapter cable."

Many sites selling it list the model number as TM165C-HW-MM. Hodges Marine lists that model #, but says it's a Furuno 10-pin connector, but also says it has Xducer ID technology... which NoCal says should be a 10 pin.

There's also these adapter cables for sale.. which seem like they're the 9 pin adapter that may be needed.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/airmmc-...hoCBx4QAvD_BwE

I'm so confused. I just want to buy the dang transducer - and I don't know if there's more than one model of a "165" out there.
    Last edited by TNReb; 08-08-2022 at 04:58 PM.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Member
    I would not recommend buying it (or any other chirp-capable Airmar) without a Navico-connector. Mix and match is Airmars own connector, and can in theory be used on just about any brand with the correct adapter, but I’ve seen to many issues with these where temp or XID did not work properly. Loosing temp is perhaps not a big deal (as many have a Structrescan-transducer as well and can pull temp from that instead) but with these transducers XID has to work for the unit to recognize the transducer.

In short, buy the Navico-version. :)

7. Member
    You might consider just buying the TM150 directly from Lowrance. Then you are assured it will connect and be detected by your units. I can 95% assure you, unless you are fishing more than 100’ deep, you wouldn’t be able to distinguish between a 150 and a 165. TC knows more about this than I do, what is his opinion?

NoCAL
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    You might consider just buying the TM150 directly from Lowrance. Then you are assured it will connect and be detected by your units. I can 95% assure you, unless you are fishing more than 100’ deep, you wouldn’t be able to distinguish between a 150 and a 165. TC knows more about this than I do, what is his opinion?

NoCAL
    I got to thinking about it more last night and I believe that’s the route I’m going. Thanks.
    2023 Puma STS

9. Member
    This Lowrance Part # 000-15482-001 is for a TM165HW 600 W 9 pin Connector on 9M Cable, Have you tried searching for this. I just did several for sale in the $400 to Retail price of $609.00

Good Luck

I would take the 250Khz frequency down to 300 ft saltwater all day long over 150Khz

10. Member
    In the depths the typical bass-guy fish, a 165 is a better choice versus the 150. Partially due to frequenzy, partially due to coneangle, partially due to less sidelobes (a clearer image) and partially because 165 has better on-plane performance (due to more power).

(This is however coming from a guy who took another step up again with a 185HW, but I do fish in a lot deeper water on a regular basis.)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    This Lowrance Part # 000-15482-001 is for a TM165HW 600 W 9 pin Connector on 9M Cable, Have you tried searching for this. I just did several for sale in the $400 to Retail price of $609.00
    Maybe I missed something, but I never found that part #. I can't even find this transducer on the Lowrance website.

When I googled that part #, I found two places selling it for over $700 and nothing else.

I'm giving up on it. If they want to sell the darn thing they should put better information out there.
    2023 Puma STS

12. Member
    To be fair, Airmar doesn't do a lot of business with freshwater bass guys! https://www.partsvu.com/airmar-tm165...4aAjtPEALw_wcB
    Here is one for less $ but it doesn't have the Navico connector. With the Navico adaptor, $700+ is the retail price. You are not in the realm of basic sonar anymore when you step up to something like this.

NoCAL
    2B112175

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but I never found that part #. I can't even find this transducer on the Lowrance website.

When I googled that part #, I found two places selling it for over $700 and nothing else.

I'm giving up on it. If they want to sell the darn thing they should put better information out there.

This part # is new all the other ones you find for 700 include the cost of the adaptor cable, This part # needs no adaptor cable as it comes with a 9 Pin Connector. It retails from Lowrance for $609.00 Its used on Lowrance and Simrad. Good Luck

14. Member
    Can't help you with the 165, but here is a link to the TM150M I use (I really like it): https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...airmar-tm150m/
    ciao,
    Marc

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    To be fair, Airmar doesn't do a lot of business with freshwater bass guys! https://www.partsvu.com/airmar-tm165...4aAjtPEALw_wcB
    Here is one for less $ but it doesn't have the Navico connector. With the Navico adaptor, $700+ is the retail price. You are not in the realm of basic sonar anymore when you step up to something like this.

NoCAL
    I no longer use Partsvu. Their "return policy" is that if you open the box you have violated their "original packaging" policy and the item is not returnable.

It only cost me $400 to learn this lesson.

16. Member

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egammon View Post
    I no longer use Partsvu. Their "return policy" is that if you open the box you have violated their "original packaging" policy and the item is not returnable.

It only cost me $400 to learn this lesson.
    It would have cost you $0 if you would have read the return policy they clearly put on their website for all to read or ordered the correct parts to start with...

18. Member
    I did the airmar 165 hw and had to get the separate mix and match cable. Could not locate a direct navico connector style one. I don't believe they make it.

However mine works just fine. No issues with xid and picture looks awesome.

19. Member
    X2, i have tm165 with mix n match ordered from BOE and its fantastic with full functionality of the xsonic transducers. The XID feature works the same and I just love how the TM165 graphs on my 12 live. The mix n match plugs directly into port 1.