Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    always use chrome, on phone and computer, no issues with this site.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Mine started a couple of days ago. It's like the mobile version isn't working. Here's what it looks like.
    I'm having the same issue. Probably started a week or so ago. Tried changing the https to http, but it wouldn't work. I've just given up on getting to BBC on my phone.

3. Member
    I normally don't use the phone to view BBC but do have it saved to the Home screen and always worked before

When accessed now, it shows the script as posted by others. (.net)

Used Goggle search and the link (http://www.bbcboards.com) comes up as Error525 SSL handshake failed.

Don't know if that info ( .net vs .com) helps.

Above my pay grade.

The site does need an upgrade. Passing login credentials via HTTP is essentially clear text which is not good. I hope everyone is using a unique password for this site. Not using SSL in 2022 is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LarsenNET View Post
    The site does need an upgrade. Passing login credentials via HTTP is essentially clear text which is not good. I hope everyone is using a unique password for this site. Not using SSL in 2022 is pretty bad.
    Please tell me what you have on this site (other than your name and city/state that you live in) that would need a unique password to protect.
    Many websites are not SSL and BBC is one of them. There are reasons why I haven't made it secure; one being there is no need for it to be secure.

Secure websites can still be hacked; it happens every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I normally don't use the phone to view BBC but do have it saved to the Home screen and always worked before

When accessed now, it shows the script as posted by others. (.net)

Used Goggle search and the link (http://www.bbcboards.com) comes up as Error525 SSL handshake failed.

Don't know if that info ( .net vs .com) helps.

Above my pay grade.
    The bassboat central site is .com, the bbcboards are .net.

7. Member
    The bassboat central site is .com, the bbcboards are .net.

Thanks Al

As I said before, above my pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Please tell me what you have on this site (other than your name and city/state that you live in) that would need a unique password to protect.
    Many websites are not SSL and BBC is one of them. There are reasons why I haven't made it secure; one being there is no need for it to be secure.

Looking at it in the opposite direction. Unique in that you shouldn't use the password you have here on any other important site. If this password is taken so is that one.

Modern browsers are making it more difficult to view insecure sites as it should be. Firefox lights up all kinds of alerts going here. A better question why not make is secure? an SSL cert is cheap.

No question secure sites get hacked every day, so why not do the best you can?

Quote Originally Posted by LarsenNET View Post
    Looking at it in the opposite direction. Unique in that you shouldn't use the password you have here on any other important site. If this password is taken so is that one.

Modern browsers are making it more difficult to view insecure sites as it should be. Firefox lights up all kinds of alerts going here. A better question why not make is secure? an SSL cert is cheap.

No question secure sites get hacked every day, so why not do the best you can?
    Again, you have nothing on this site that requires a unique password as you don't have personal information on here to protect.

I've wanted to have both the BBC website and the BBC Boards SSL for years if for no other reason than to get rid of the "not secure" note at the top that Google started years ago
    in their arrogance when they decided that all websites required SSL (whether they needed to or not), but there are reasons and concerns with not making both sites secure.
    Both of the webhost companies that host BBC aren't 100% sure that there won't be problems if I make them secure, it's just not as simple as spending a few dollars each year and they're secure, I wish it was.

Obviously the cost isn't a factor, I spend a LOT more each month to the webhost companies that host the sites.

SSL will not stop hackers; if it was that simple hackers would be out of business.

10. Member

need to protect our fishing techniques and fishing spots :) ha jk

11. Member
    Just checked. iMac and Safari work, iMac and Chrome work.
    Last time I couldn't access the site, it was due to misbehaving.
    Just saying, maybe you've been a very naughty fisherman.

12. Member
    If you type www.bassboatcentral.com in the address bar on chrome it just comes up with an error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger482V View Post
    If you type www.bassboatcentral.com in the address bar on chrome it just comes up with an error message.
    I just did it and it went to the site. What is the error message that you're seeing?

14. Member
    We were having the same problem. Couldn't get BBC through Chrome. All of a sudden it seemed it wasn't supporting it. Downloaded Edge and now it seems to work fine most of the time on cell phone and computer.

15. Member
    I have no problem accessing this site using Chrome on my pc, just my Android.

I installed chrome on my phone to test all the complaints. Works fine. You all probably need to clear the cache and cookies and what not.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

17. Member
    I just did it and it went to the site. What is the error message that you're seeing?
    "Error 525" SSL handshake failed

Been like that for months....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger482V View Post
    "Error 525" SSL handshake failed

Been like that for months....
    I would expect that is because your browser is trying to go to https and not http.

There are a few with this problem but the majority of BBC members aren't having problems accessing the Boards; the problem is at your end and your browser, most likely due to a browser update.

19. Member
    Google is forcing and redirecting websites to use TLS/SSL (I.E. HTTPS not HTTP) by default, you have to update the settings to disable this behavior so that it will not do this. Here are a couple of different resources to assist.

How to Stop Chrome from Automatically Redirecting to https - Howchoo

How to Enable/Disable Always use HTTPS in Chrome Android? (browserhow.com)

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Google is forcing and redirecting websites to use TLS/SSL (I.E. HTTPS not HTTP) by default, you have to update the settings to disable this behavior so that it will not do this. Here are a couple of different resources to assist.

How to Stop Chrome from Automatically Redirecting to https - Howchoo

How to Enable/Disable Always use HTTPS in Chrome Android? (browserhow.com)
    I've tried that and it didn't work for my issue. BBC is working now, but there's a lot of content not loading, like top/side banners.

I'm using a Mac Mini with the M1 chip, so Chrome is the ARM version. I'm probably in the minority with this config.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast