Ranger Lid Rivets

I'm sure this topic has been discussed? The rivets in my 2019 520c have corroded and fallen out of my lids. Has anyone replaced these with screws or stainless rivets? The aluminum rivets that failed seem to be 3/16" but not sure of the length?

2. Member
    I just replaced mine with stainless screws.

3. Member
    So these go into the core of the lid. Was there binding at all when the lid closed and do you remember what length screws?

Drill the holes to 1/4 " and Use 1/4 x 1/2 in Aluminum Rivets or 1/4 20 x 3/4" Stainless Bolts with Nyloc nuts.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Remove the primary screws thatt attach to the boat. Drill out the rivets with 1/4" drill bit. Replace the rivets with a 1/4"x 1/2 ' rivet. When you go to screw the lid back into the boat insert nails into the screw holes to hold the door in place. Remove the nail and drill in the original screw in the hole you just pulled out the nail from. I highly recommend that you replace all of the lid door rivets for it has been my experience as well as others that when one goes they all go.

I have always used rivets when I do my lids but they don't last long the next time I will try using SS screws into anchors

6. Member
    What kind of and what size of anchor? Is there a ss screw that has a head flat enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brently13 View Post
    I'm sure this topic has been discussed? The rivets in my 2019 520c have corroded and fallen out of my lids. Has anyone replaced these with screws or stainless rivets? The aluminum rivets that failed seem to be 3/16" but not sure of the length?
    I replaced mine with aluminum rivets; 3/16" X 3/4". I didn't want to deal with having to retrofit screws, nuts and washers to such a tight space, so rivets is what I went with.

I used aluminum because if I ever had to remove the rivets, for any reason, they'd be nearly impossible to drill out. They'd just spin endlessly. Even the aluminum rivets were no picnic getting them completely removed.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

8. Member
    I replaced mine once. Used bigger rivets and a air powered rivet gun.
    2020 Ranger Z521C, 2019 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke
    2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
    Winona Lake, IN

9. Member
    Use a tri-fold rivet. Easiest way. https://www.amazon.com/ISPINNER-Tri-...08QRH1HKY?th=1

Ebay also has them, also Fastenal