Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New design from Alumacraft/BRP Revealed

E46A5241-19FD-4E22-913A-ACF9362B43CA.jpeg
    Picture of the new “ghost” project that BRP/Alumacraft have been working on from the dealer meeting this last week. I’m guessing some of this is why they’ve held onto the Evinrude stuff still… labeled as a Rotax motor.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

2. Member
    Electric or gas? Thanks for sharing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos18xl View Post
    Electric or gas? Thanks for sharing.

Gas

4. Member
    I am guessing they finally moved into 4stroke market?

5. Member
    Looks like a competitor for inboard/outboard drives. May even be a good one, but frankly I doubt the need for it outside of pontoons..

Won't be very useful for bass boats unless that back deck part moves up when trimming the motor.

JMHO.
    If you're too busy to go fishing, you're just too busy.

2010 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    Mercury Optimax ProXS 200

how will they ever convince new customers they won't close and leave them hangin.
    Ranger Forever

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    how will they ever convince new customers they won't close and leave them hangin.
    They'd ground a crapload of light aircraft if they did it. I'm thinking they're going 100% four stroke and sticking with it.

8. Member
    I'm betting it's an electric motor and with a pontoon there's plenty of space for batteries.

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass0001 View Post
    I'm betting it's an electric motor and with a pontoon there's plenty of space for batteries.
    150 on the cowling ... a redesign of the 915, four cylinder turbocharged engine.
    High reliability, high RPM range, air and liquid cooled. It's the most likely candidate.
    Rotax isn't anything near new, very well vetted. 1,200 hours before overhaul too.

Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    After the double spankin this brand name gave consumers, there is no way they will ever get any money from me again.

This is an inline 3 cylinder fourstroke. It is branded as a Rotax outboard. 115 or 150 HP options is my understanding. Looks like they are marketing it for BRP branded boats/pontoons like Manitou and Alumacraft.

The rotax engine has been a reliable product with good performance for a while now. BRP is smart to keep it named as a rotax and not an evinrude, IMO.

I can see this being a bear to prop. Looking at pictures on the manitou site, most of what is considered the lower cowl in a normal outboard is in the water at rest. This is going to create a lot of drag on holeshot requiring a lower pitched prop and reducing overall performance.

Cool? Yes. Practical? Maybe. Good use of research and development dollars? Probably not.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 115649.jpg

I don't see a cam in the pics, and some of the sales pitch is 5 years / 500 hours no dealer scheduled maintenance. There is also mention of direct injection, and oil efficiency. I'm betting this is a 2 stroke.
    Last edited by Josh*; 08-08-2022 at 12:28 PM.

14. Member
    Definitely a gas outboard, unclear whether it’s a two or four stroke. Likely the best for it to be labeled as a rotax for the consumer confidence because like said they have been tried and true in aviation and many power sports industries. Looks like it will suck to work on as the majority of the motor will be directly exposed to water. It would really make it possible for a huge and wide open rear deck on a aluminum boat or pontoon.

Sounds like they had the electric dirt bikes at the meeting too to look at, pro electric or not a electric bike could be fun with crazy acceleration
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    After the double spankin this brand name gave consumers, there is no way they will ever get any money from me again.

I know a guy who is friends with 2 former Evinrude dealers and he said they were beyond pissed with the last fiasco. He said both swear they will never have anything to do with Evinrude again.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Member
    I will take interest when they have their own forum in the BBC motor forums with support of high caliber guys like Championman, Seahorse, etc.

Until then, meh.

17. Member
    I don’t know if the increased potential deck space is worth the lack of access, or the need for specially designed boat. With as big a company BRP is, you’d think they could fairly easily come up with a line of 4 stroke outboards and sell well just because of current market demands.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

18. Member
    Looks like an idea that is underwater from the start.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    I know a guy who is friends with 2 former Evinrude dealers and he said they were beyond pissed with the last fiasco. He said both swear they will never have anything to do with Evinrude again.
    There’s a huge dealer network on BRP’s Powersports lines (Rotax) so I don’t know if it’s going to be that hard for service options

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Looks like an idea that is underwater from the start.
    I see what you did there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast