Canadian smallie hunters

Was surprised to see there is no Canada/province forums like the states have.

Going to fish the North Channel area near Spanish On. during 2nd week of Sept and was hoping someone would be kind enough to share some of their favorite baits and or techniques for the smallies at that time of year.

I know I have read before that some members fish in the Georgian Bay area which is just south of the North Channel.

Thanks

2. Member
    Tubes, Sniper Jigs, drop shot (just about and of the max scent flat worms), Crank Baits (Norman DD22, Megabass 200, 300, Deep Six) , Keitech swim baits.

3. Member
    Thanks Bandwagon.

Everyone else feel free to add your 2 cents.

Thanks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    Tubes, Sniper Jigs, drop shot (just about and of the max scent flat worms), Crank Baits (Norman DD22, Megabass 200, 300, Deep Six) , Keitech swim baits.
    x2. I just got back from NW Ontario and did well on all of these baits, and others. Personally Drop shotting is my go to bait.

5. Member
    Two things I would add, for windy days, to the lures already mentionned - a jerkbait in a gold/yellow color (somewhat like a perch) and a white chatterbait with a small chartreuse trailer

I used to go in June every year for 23 years. I took tubes, senko's, Flukes, and topwater. That was about it. Never really had any trouble catching them on one of those 4 baits. I took crankbaits and jerkbaits the first few years but treble hooks and smallmouth in that many numbers equals hooks in fingers. That isn't any fun.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

7. Member
    The biggest sand pandas are caught during the fall long lining jerkbaits.

8. Member
    sand pandas
    Never heard that one before.

Thanks again to all that have taken the time out to reply.