Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is it about Phoenix??

That makes them such a powerhouse name among bass boats today despite the numerous issues you hear people talking about with their trailers, leaking compartments, and fit and finish not being as good as other manufacturers? I was just looking at some flw pictures and it's like other boat is a phoenix. I know I'm going to get bias opinions but I would like to hear some of the good things you like about phoenix please.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

Well, i dont have any of those issues you speak of. Ive found a couple minor things that could be labeled "fit and finish", but nothing that makes it worth less than other brands...The boat fishes extremely well, stable, fast enough for me, gets shallow, has plenty of storage, great holeshot, good rough water ride, excellent livewells, clean battery compartment, and they are a good looking boat. One thing i really like is the standard type switches that can easy be replaced if needed instead of a push button panel. The bottom of the console being solid glass is a real nice finishing touch that some others dont have imho. My marine master trailer tows really nicely actually and so far zero issues with it. One of the best things is customer service, Phoenix is right up there with the best!
    Of course everyone has stuff they want or need in a boat, and i feel like there is not one on the market to check every single box for me, but Phoenix was the best for what i was looking for.
    Last edited by Jasonrs; 08-08-2022 at 03:48 AM.

I have two. They are great Boats. No issues here!

4. Member
    I have had one for about a year now and zero fit and finish issues. I think some of the issues are due to inadequate dealer inspection and prep before turning over to the customer and that is why there is such a wide variance of 100% no issues and other guys not satisfied.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

They have one of the best bonus bucks program

6. Member
    Mine has none of the issues you mention. As for the trailer, the only mod I did was convert the oil bath hubs to standard grease bearing buddies and I've had zero trailer issues. My next boat will be a Phoenix as well.

7. Member
    Some of the compartment leaks you hear about are the compartments not designed to be dry. The passenger rod box, the ice chest, etc. The only one I have leak is the step compartment between the seats. Fish-ability, over all performance from ride to handling. I've had no trailer issues! Just over all good rig. For me I'm very pleased with the boat! Are there issues, small ones maybe. A lot of things you hear aren't necessarily a boat issue but a personal preference issue. IMO
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    They have one of the best bonus bucks program
    35k bonus for winning on pro circuit out of a phoenix
    Fish have fins, they swim

9. Member
    I have had mine for 2 1/2 years not a single problem that Phoenix didn't take care. Customer service is beyond excellent. Never had any compartment leaks besides day box and center step in between seats. Neither are not meant to be completely waterproof. With that being said I think the center box between the seats with a little redesign could be. Excellent storage and layout. Several manufactures use Marine master trailers so that's not an isolated Phoenix problem. Would be nice for Phoenix to in house trailers like some competitors.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So many times we hear of all the negative things on forums and Facebook etc. but it's good to hear some positives. I'm going to reach out to a buddy of mine to get a demo in his 920 ProXP before I'm ready to buy. Gotta keep my options open.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    I just made the move to 921 Elite. Ranger's fit and finish is probably one of the best out there, but Phoenix still has service from the manufacturer, good fishability, speed and ride. After a full year of using it, I will give a fair review vs the 5L series.

Best thing you can do, get in one and crawl around!

13. Member
    I am in my 6th year with a 921PHX. I have had zero issues with the boat or trailer and would most likely replace this boat with another Phoenix if I decided to move on. Came out of a 521 Ranger and did have fit and finish with it.

14. Smallmouth Junkie!
    My Phoenix has none of those issues. Has been nothing but awesome. Phoenix Bass Boats are fast, good looking, handle like they are on rails and the ride is unmatched IMO.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

15. Member
    Im sure I’ve posted something similar to this in the past, but here goes. Over the years I’ve owned (2) Rangers, Stratos, Cobra, Skeeter and (2) Phoenix (721 & current 921). Phoenix beat all for rough water ride, the others (outside of the Stratos) weren’t even close IMHO. Good fit and finish (Better than all but the Ranger, the Cobra was pretty similar IMHO). Really good fishing platform (921 as good as Ranger and Skeeter, 721 2nd to Skeeter and Ranger). Quicker, handles better and faster than everything other than the Skeeter. Better thought out wiring and bilge areas than the rest. Better Customer Service than the rest. In a nutshell as good or better at most things than almost every other boat I’ve owned. The only boat other than Phoenix IMHO that compares in terms of being as good or better than most is BassCat.

16. Member
    I'm on my second Phoenix. The first one was a 2013 721 I had it for 7 years. Loved it and should not have sold it! The boat was great, no leaks, fit and finish was great. Only problem I had in that time was a broken leaf spring. Took care of it on my own, it happened a few months before Marine Master started providing parts under warranty.

I've got a 2021 819 now, love it, no issues in almost 2 years.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

17. Member
    The only things I would call issues I've had with mine are the subpar rigging the dealership did for electronics and adjustment of the throttle on the Merc.

18. Member
    my boat is 8 years old and no issues that I'm aware of with the boat itself. Minor issues with trailer fitment which I worked in my initial years. Not bad enough to keep me from considering a Phoenix.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

19. Member
    I’m not discounting the feedback that has been provided in this thread, but the reason you see so many Phoenix boats in the FLW is money. If Phoenix didn’t offer contingency money, there would be very few at those tournaments.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

20. Member
    I'll have to say that after 7 other Bass Boats the Phoenix and Skeeter are my two favorites. I bought a 2019 721 w/250 4stroke about six months ago, and super impressed with the boat, motor and trailer. Never had a boat that came out of the hole so well and very comfortable to fish from. Nothing I would really like to change about the rig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast