Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    I’m not discounting the feedback that has been provided in this thread, but the reason you see so many Phoenix boats in the FLW is money. If Phoenix didn’t offer contingency money, there would be very few at those tournaments.
    There would be fewer no doubt but still would be a lot of them. Phoenix took over as a dominant brand up here in the north because of performance - that was long before they ever started offering first flight $.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

2. Member
    Thanks for all the feedback guys!
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    I’m not discounting the feedback that has been provided in this thread, but the reason you see so many Phoenix boats in the FLW is money. If Phoenix didn’t offer contingency money, there would be very few at those tournaments.
    One of the reasons there are so many Phoenix boats in MLF circuits is the youth movement. The average age of competitors in their circuits has to skew lower than ever before. This new crowd has not been brainwashed by legacy brand hype. They don't want, "their father's Oldsmobile".

4. Member
    Not that I would turn down the contingency money, but my record for wins in the larger circuits (BFL + ) is, well, I don't have any wins LOL. As a touring pro, I get following the money. I would definitely have a Tundra as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    One of the reasons there are so many Phoenix boats in MLF circuits is the youth movement. The average age of competitors in their circuits has to skew lower than ever before. This new crowd has not been brainwashed by legacy brand hype. They don't want, "their father's Oldsmobile".
    Most of the youngsters around here buy Nitro's.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Most of the youngsters around here buy Nitro's.
    Well attend a Toyota Event alook at what the youngsters are driving. Granted there are lots of parents, and grandparents writing the checks for those kids.

7. Member
    Lots of acaymus and Nitros here at LOZ. I think the Caymus dealer is doing some good pro staff deals.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Well attend a Toyota Event alook at what the youngsters are driving. Granted there are lots of parents, and grandparents writing the checks for those kids.
    Could be a more regional thing though here too with the Nitros.

9. Member
    I got my 2016 921 PRO XP 3 yrs ago. Lots of wear issues and cleaning issues.. Went thru the whole boat, getting things to put it back new. Phoenix Awesome help, got me what I needed quick. My boat has tons of extras that don't come on other boats I've seen. Ride is great, I'm never sore after riding in it. Even took it to the Factory and they installed the passenger console for me. Wife likes that and so does everyone that fishes with me in the winter. Trailer.... Had some of the same issues with other trailers. Vault... great until it starts leaking. Master Marine trailers also great Warrenty and service, sent parts quick. All comes down to learning how to take care of your investment.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    When folks say fit and finish they just mean it's not as fancy,. No digital panels and fancy trim. Phoenix doesn't need that because they are the best riding boat on the market. I don't need fancy trim that's just going to break or fall off. I don't need digital panels that will eventually fail in wet conditions when I'm trying to fill my livewells. The switch panel imobis amazing because it's easy to fix and super simple. My two cents.
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 v8 ProXS SN#2B780777
    Lowrance HDS Lives

11. Member
    Also,. You only get contingency bybplacing at the top. Plus it was only this year and I believe last year that statement actually mattered.
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 v8 ProXS SN#2B780777
    Lowrance HDS Lives

12. Member
    Lots of acaymus and Nitros here at LOZ. I think the Caymus dealer is doing some good pro staff deals.
    They're pushing Caymas like crazyyyyy. Has to be some good deals flying around if you pay attention to who got them first. Does have me curious to poke around one, and I really like their bilge compartment to access pumps. Would be a hard pill to swallow coming from my paid for 721 though. They're pricey.

13. Member
    I really like my 721, it's a 2014 and has held up well. Theres a few small issues or things I would like to change if I ever get a new one though. My compartments stay pretty dry except for the seat plugs. I got the plastic plugs from Drew on here and they still leak. I may try the bobs plugs or put some sort of additional sealant on the bottom. I do wish the center compartment between the seats was sealed, although it stays pretty dry even in a good rain. The back deck also takes on water a lot easier than any other boat I've been in. It naturally sits low in the water and when you get some good rollers here at LOZ it can soak it in a second. My biggest gripe is the location of the pumps. I don't know if it's just my boat, but they're a pain to get too. I have to take all of my TM batteries out to change a pump. I accidentally left one of my pump outs on and burnt it up, haven't changed it yet because I know its going to be a chore. Seriously debating about cutting the board out of the way and putting some sort of quick release on it. With that being said the ride still amazes me in rough water. I came from a Ranger and pucker up sometimes like oh boy this ones going to hurt and it just keeps cutting or lands softly.

14. Member
    I have come from a lifetime fishing in a ranger and now have a 920 elite. extremely happy with the boat. if i was forced to find anything wrong with it, I would say they should make the step storage between the seats fully waterproof. it does get water in it. Also, the switches for pumps and lights do light up, but you would have to memorize what switch is what. it would be nice to be able to have that lit so you could read them after dark. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say. great comfortable riding boat and storage is laid out very well. Tons of fishing space and pulls a tube like a champ.

15. Member
    Surprises me to see so many people with issues on the coin box taking on water....the only time I get water in there is when I open it in the rain....
    Fish have fins, they swim

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Surprises me to see so many people with issues on the coin box taking on water....the only time I get water in there is when I open it in the rain....
    Same here

I've owned a 719 and currently run a 921 pro xs. I had zero issues with my 719 and the only issue I encountered with my 921 was water leaking in around the drain plug. The dealer resealed this area and I've had zero issues since. I ordered and took delivery of my 921 in 2017, so I have 5 years of history with this boat and it's on the water close to 100 days a year as we have a home on a lake in southern Illinois. As for the trailer, I had significant issues with the tires, experiencing numerous blowouts, and costly expenditures. I've replaced all the tires on the trailer twice and this last time, upgraded from the factory tires. Thus far no issues with the current tires. Overall both boats have been excellent, and the trailer has performed well, absent the issues I've had with the factory tires.

18. Member
    Some good information guys, especfrom ex-Ranger owners.

What about stress cracks in the newer birds? You guys seeing a lot of those around the console, top cap, transom etc.? Sorry to keep dragging this out I'm getting g real close to making g my decision and I want to be as informed as I can.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by PaRiverRat View Post
    Same here
    same here 2019 920 Pro XP

They are great boats. Been in a few. Some people hate everything!!!

Phoenix Bonus $$ is a big deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast