Bit of a discrepancy

Not sure why Fox always seems to feature these naughty teacher stories but they do. In this one the DA asked for 20-40 years and the judge gave her 60 days. They weren't exactly on the same page there. https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-te...derage-student

Rumor has it, when asked about the light sentence, Ms. Bodine answered, "It is what it is. No need to get your nose all bent out of shape about it."

2. Member
    That poor poor student

3. Member
    Had a teacher here in the county but smaller district caught doing the same with three boys 14-16, when it came out the husband tested their kids and one of their three was from the 14 year old. She's in prison for quite some time. On a side note she wasn't bad looking, nothing like I ever had for a teacher.

4. Member
    Deferred adjudication too. That would very likely erase conviction if she completes all terms without incident.
    Obviously, there's a bit of a double standard applied. I'm guessing the DA may appeal sentencing in this case.

60 days is far too less, IMO. Its one thing starting at 10 years and parole/probation after 5 years of good behavior. 60 days is a slap in the face for the victim and their family.

It shouldn't matter how attractive a teacher is. If they do wrong like this the law should not treat them any different.

6. Member
    Amazing how these teachers always appear so guilty..........................

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Not sure why Fox always seems to feature these naughty teacher stories but they do. In this one the DA asked for 20-40 years and the judge gave her 60 days. They weren't exactly on the same page there. https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-te...derage-student

Rumor has it, when asked about the light sentence, Ms. Bodine answered, "It is what it is. No need to get your nose all bent out of shape about it."
    Would the sentence fit the crime if it was a male teacher or Female students?
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Is that directed to me or just anyone in general?

Why was it aggravated assault? Kinky?

If there is a clause for good behavior---Who determines "Good Behavior?"

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    You know it wouldn't, just another double standard nobody wants to see. in this case she got a light sentence and the boy got high fives.

11. Member
    Where were these teachers when i was in school?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    You know it wouldn't, just another double standard nobody wants to see. in this case she got a light sentence and the boy got high fives.
    I honestly don't think our society knows what to do with these cases. On paper it makes sense but when put into practice the support doesn't seem to be there from the public. A lot of people consider it a fantasy come true. SNL did a pretty good job point this out in one of their better skits:

13. Member
    Most definitely a double standard here. On another note, maybe related to Jethro?