Do I need a bigger battery?

My current cranking battery is a group 27 Duralast starting battery (autozone battery). 1000MCAwith 182 reserve.

On tournament day I値l run both livewells on auto and usually just one graph for mapping, which is a helix 12. Halfway through the day when I try to move spots, I値l be dead, slow to no crank and have to jump it. I also have another helix 12, lowrance live 9 with active target. If I run the active target, like I did today I値l be lucky to get 2-3 hours before I知 totally dead.

I thought maybe bad battery so I took it back and had it tested. Although it tested fine they still replaced it but I saw no difference. My onboard 4 bank charger seems to be working just fine. No issues whatsoever with my 3 deep cycles, which are the same size/battery.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z21PRO View Post
    My current cranking battery is a group 27 Duralast starting battery (autozone battery). 1000MCAwith 182 reserve.

On tournament day I’ll run both livewells on auto and usually just one graph for mapping, which is a helix 12. Halfway through the day when I try to move spots, I’ll be dead, slow to no crank and have to jump it. I also have another helix 12, lowrance live 9 with active target. If I run the active target, like I did today I’ll be lucky to get 2-3 hours before I’m totally dead.

I thought maybe bad battery so I took it back and had it tested. Although it tested fine they still replaced it but I saw no difference. My onboard 4 bank charger seems to be working just fine. No issues whatsoever with my 3 deep cycles, which are the same size/battery.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    yes. Way too small. I’m guessing you have an Optimax? I had the biggest, baddest, most recommended AGM (X2 31 series) and it was barely adequate at best for me. Went to a 125ah lithium…wow

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    yes. Way too small. I’m guessing you have an Optimax? I had the biggest, baddest, most recommended AGM (X2 31 series) and it was barely adequate at best for me. Went to a 125ah lithium…wow
    Yes, 250 optimax. Would this be a good replacement or still not enough? https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...p-31m/sli31mdp
    Last edited by Z21PRO; 08-07-2022 at 07:09 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z21PRO View Post
    Yes, 250 optimax. Would this be a good replacement or still not enough? https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...p-31m/sli31mdp
    Still way too small
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Banned

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    After lots of research this definitely seemed like the right battery to get. Just put it in, will test out this weekend. My wallet is a lot lighter.

7. Banned
    I will be going to dual purpose lithium once my Merc warranty expires. Price difference is closing thankfully.

8. Member
    There ya go. Cubic dollar$ cure everything.

10. Scraps
    You have an upgrade harness? It'll help.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD