8/14 Tuckertown res. 6:30-1:30

Hey guys and gals, it’s that time again for the Yadkin chain gang to meet. Of course like always we will leave out of the mouth of 49 access. We will start at 6:30am and weigh in at 1:30. Everyone be careful on the way in we know our four legged brown friends like being out that early. Be safe and see y’all soon, thanks Brett
    Last edited by buddyclub; 08-10-2022 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Changed ramp
    BassCat Cougar FTD w/Suzuki 250SS

2. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar

3. Member
    I heard through a reliable source that the parking lot at Flat Creek is still Buzzard central. Estimated 40 there this morning.
    I won't be parking my truck at this ramp until NC Wildlife corrects the problem.
    How does the rest of the group feel about parking here, chances of damage to your vehicles?
    Plus the fishing sucks and it's hot as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlambert23 View Post
    I heard through a reliable source that the parking lot at Flat Creek is still Buzzard central. Estimated 40 there this morning.
    I won't be parking my truck at this ramp until NC Wildlife corrects the problem.
    How does the rest of the group feel about parking here, chances of damage to your vehicles?
    Plus the fishing sucks and it's hot as ****.
    well it's Suckertown in August I'm not going anyway, when scott and I stopped up taking money I told him that's one place I'm skipping.

5. Member
    Are you asking just to cancel this months tourament? I agree with the possibility of damaging your truck is it worth it?

6. Member
    Yeah Scott, in a cautious way, asking if we should cancel this one.

7. Member
    There is the ramp on 49. I will say no birds on my truck, but there was a Jeep Grand Cherokee that had something they wanted.

8. Member
    Don't matter to me. Reason I ask, I'd like to know soon because of gas prices. I don't want to drive down there to practice if we're not fishing

9. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    They got my truck @ High Rock years ago.
    A friend of mine told me on Sunday that the birds were at the cemetary ramp. He said almost every truck had birds on them. Tony and I will launch at the 49 ramp if wildlife hasn't hung a few from the light poles by Saturday.

10. Member
    So is everyone fine with just leaving from 49 Sunday? I know it’s not as nice of a ramp but when I road by yesterday I didn’t see the birds. And I doubt that the wildlife will have any hung by then. If that’s good with everyone we can just blast off from the 49 cove. Let me know and I’ll change it on the original post.

11. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    FYI, I was advised this am to put a tarp over the roof and windows. Knowing those birds, they'd probably rip it off and still chew the gaskets. 49 sounds much better, to me anyway.

12. Member
    Sounds good

13. Member
    Put in at 49 on Friday 8/5. Cove is covered with floating snot grass. Coming out it clinged to the trailer. Power washed the trailer and underside of boat when I got home. A big mess. I hope it clears. I'm passing on Tuckertown. Good luck to all that may adventure there.

14. Member
    Has anyone heard about trailers being stolen from the Flat Creek ramp? I'm heading there Saturday but the birds and the alleged thefts are concerning.

15. Banned
    There have been more trailers, catylic converters, etc etc stolen from that ramp than just about every other ramp in the state.