Thread: Mega 360 Wiring

Mega 360 Wiring

I know this topic has been discussed before but haven't seen my issue addressed. I am trying to run my mega 360 transducer to a 3 pin rocker switch that is wired directly to my main battery and installed in my bow panel. So battery positive goes to one pin, battery negative goes to another pin, and transducer positive goes to the third pin. I guess you then splice transducer negative to the negative wire running from switch to battery. So what do I do with this third wire from the transducer (drain/shield wire)? I've never connected anything that has a third wire in my boat before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Typically the device negative is a straight run from the ground to the unit and doesn't go through the switch. It's the positive that gets connected to the switch so that the circuit can be broken/made. If the switch is lighted, then there should have been instructions on how to connect the positive and negative to make the light work when the switch is on.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Yes, but this has a negative and a ground. So not sure where to go with the ground, the third wire. You are correct that only the positive goes to the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by deerbio View Post
    Yes, but this has a negative and a ground. So not sure where to go with the ground, the third wire. You are correct that only the positive goes to the switch.
    The drain wire connects to the negative wire. LOOK at the diagram in the instructions=-=they are connected to the same place just on a different spade connector. Makes no difference if they are twisted together, then spliced to the battery negative or both connected to a fuse panel negative buss.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Excellent. Thanks much. I did see that they could both go to negative on fuse panel, but I had no open spots. But thank you for clarifying.

6. Member
    Is the switch a requirement or can you just unscrew and disconnect the power cord ?

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by padronanniversary View Post
    Is the switch a requirement or can you just unscrew and disconnect the power cord ?
    As long as you can cut power in some way, you are good. If you fail to unscrew the power cable, it will continue drawing a small amount of power "watching" for the wet switch to be activated.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers