Ultrex frozen pedal help

Hadn’t used the boat in months, deployed the TM , worked fine for a minute then foot pedal froze. Prop works , won’t steer with remote. ? bad steering sensor board, other issue?
    out of warranty, 24 V
    Last edited by Bonanza; 08-07-2022 at 12:57 PM.

2. Member
    Yep , steering sensor board

3. Member
    Check power. make sure you have blue light, turn off and on, check plug

Blue light on, prop works with variable speed, batteries charged

5. Member
    Mine did that. It was the wire that goes to the turning motor. It lost connection somewhere between the plug-in and the turning motor. The plug could be jiggled and it would work. Finally it quit altogether and I soldered a new wire to the motor.

6. Member
    You could have a couple of issues here. some checks could be made to determine which problem. It could be one or a combo of problems. Steer Motor, Steer module or Control board. If it is out of warranty I still recommend you bring to an ASC. They can check it out and figure out what the exact problem is.

Taking it to ASC. However, talked to MK service...very helpful info. If pedal frozen but remote steer functions, probably a bad Steering Sensor Board.
    If remote steering not working and pedal frozen......1: Load test the TM batteries 2: Check for voltage at batteries vs voltage at the TM/bus connection. If > 5% voltage drop, search for wiring issues. (lack of proper power/ bad batteries can cause steering issues) 3: Control Board, Steering Module, and wiring harness are most likely culprits and need to be checked.

I’ve had that happen when on spot lock and one of my rods got under the pedal. Powered off, disconnected the plug for a couple minutes and reconnected/powered up. Worked after that. I guess this is not the case in this situation.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret