Rebuilt VZ250 HPDI RPM/Speed loss

I recently had my 05 VZ250TLRD on my Skeeter rebuilt (all cylinders) due to losing compression in one of the cylinders (original piston ring pin worked itself out). After completing the break in period I can no longer reach the same rpm and speed with the same prop. I am currently only able to achieve 5500 rpms at 63 mph. I used to be able to reach 5900/6000 at 68/69 (both with the same 4 blade). I have raised and lowered the hydraulic jackplate to see if that was making a difference but 5500/63 is the best.

After finding out I cannot get to the speed previously I have gone back and replaced the spark plugs, the secret filters, the lift pumps, and the rest of the fuel filters.

Do I really just need to reprop due to the rebuild? I just dont want to be reproping and hiding some other issue.

Or are there any other suggestions?

Yes the prop was in the same condition when I am making the comparison. The rebuild was also done by one of the most recommend rebuilders on BBC.

2. Member
    Some motors just make more hp than others when my first hpdi broke my second one was several mph faster