Chassis Ground Ranger Z521 for Garmin 126

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I am still lost. Some guys say to connect the ground, that screws into the back of the graph (little silver screw) to the negative battery terminal. Some say to connect it to the chassis ground. That makes more sense, but I have no idea where it is. Help :) thanks guys
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    I have a Ranger 520VS. It have a key start. The Fuse panel is in the compartment just in front of the driver console and there is a terminal panel under the drive console where the wires connect for the switches to all the devices.
    The key pad has a smart box under console and has no way of connecting any wires. If you are running separate power to graphs then you will have to connect to the battery with the negative wire and fuse the positive wire and land it down stream of the main power breaker for the boat.

It’s only needed if you have issues
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    It’s only needed if you have issues
    Good to know. Wonder why the directions say to ground it as standard installation?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I have a Ranger 520VS. It have a key start. The Fuse panel is in the compartment just in front of the driver console and there is a terminal panel under the drive console where the wires connect for the switches to all the devices.
    The key pad has a smart box under console and has no way of connecting any wires. If you are running separate power to graphs then you will have to connect to the battery with the negative wire and fuse the positive wire and land it down stream of the main power breaker for the boat.
    Did that. Thanks