Livewell drain screens 2020 Z20

Are the screens on the livewell drains removable or are they part of the hose connections? Cleaned my livewells today and the aerator screens are easy to remove, but the drains seemed to be a different style and I didn’t want to remove them and end up having to dive in my bilge to reattach the hose. Thanks.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    They should pull right out. Just slide into the drain
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    I thought they screwed in.

4. Member
    The screens in my drains slide in or out. I take them out regularly

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    The screens in my drains slide in or out. I take them out regularly
    They just pull straight out? I assumed they were threaded like the aerator screens and got nervous I would break them.

6. Member
    I tried to unscrew mine and they wouldn't. Let me know if you can get yours off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Shimanek View Post
    I tried to unscrew mine and they wouldn't. Let me know if you can get yours off.
    I tried and gave up before i broke something.

8. Member
    I have a 2022 Z21xl. If the same configuration and parts, screens at the very bottom, pull out. They are not threaded but it may be easier to twist while pulling out. Take your time and go easy they will come off. First time I did mine I had to work it a bit but they do come out with no problem and I never have had any issues with leaks or hoses coming apart. The recirculation screens on the side are threaded. Hope this helps.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavL View Post
    I have a 2022 Z21xl. If the same configuration and parts, screens at the very bottom, pull out. They are not threaded but it may be easier to twist while pulling out. Take your time and go easy they will come off. First time I did mine I had to work it a bit but they do come out with no problem and I never have had any issues with leaks or hoses coming apart. The recirculation screens on the side are threaded. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, just wanted to double check before I tried to remove. It's nice backflushing the screens while cleaning, but not worth breaking something over.

10. Member
    Definitely slide out. Mine are sitting in the console still after cleaning the livewells. Not threaded

11. Member
    I have a 2022 Z21 and had one of my aerator screens on the side keep falling off. They are threaded but still fell off occasionally. A little dab of silicone on the threads helped me.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    I have a 2022 Z21 and had one of my aerator screens on the side keep falling off. They are threaded but still fell off occasionally. A little dab of silicone on the threads helped me.
    Those plastic threads are pretty flimsy. I mainly try to just vacuum them clean, but occasionally they get so bad with crawfish parts you have to backflush.

13. Member
    Had a derby this weekend and had to clean the livewell screens. Took a screwdriver to pry the bottom screens off for the first time, but they slide in and out easy now. Guess what the bass were eating?

7BCEDCA5-564A-40D0-BA1F-35EAA64AB478.jpeg