Help getting NMEA setup - Mercury 90HP 4 Stroke EFI 2011 (90ELPT 4s Ser # 1B897873)

Good evening,

I have a 2011 90HP 4 Stroke.
    I'd like to get rid of the mercury analog gauges, and display the gauges on my chartplotter.

I tried to do some research, and there are about 11,578 different Mercury options - to say I'm confused is an understatement. I have no idea which ones will work!

I plan to have a Simrad or Lowrance chartplotter. I hope to display, most importantly engine alarms, RPMs, and temperature - fuel burn would be an added bonus.

What is the most economical way to do this? It currently has a mercury analog fuel gauge, a mercury analog speedometer (pitot tube style), and a mercury tachometer. I believe it is as plain as you can get.

Thanks in advance,
    Shawn

2. Member
    To do this will require a Smartcraft network and NMEA backbone, several Smartcraft options available, simplest might be a Mercmonitor.

SMARTCRAFT Options
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you will be going with a TOUCH-SCREEN Simrad or Lowrance, I would recommend you consider the VesselView LINK and a NMEA-2K network to connect between it and the new graph.

See Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum: If you drop her an email, she can assist you with everything you will need (including special BBC member pricing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor