Putting boat back together

Man alive it has been hard to find time to put mine back together, dern
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

2. Member
    Pic of the boat.

3. Member
    If I can, had Kevin Bryant redo and blueprint hull, have engine apart replacing all that needed replacing, new steering, extension plate, jack plate, electronics, carpet, upholstery, gauges, lighting, man dern
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    If I can, had Kevin Bryant redo and blueprint hull, have engine apart replacing all that needed replacing, new steering, extension plate, jack plate, electronics, carpet, upholstery, gauges, lighting, man dern
    ONE day at a time Ron, one day at a time and ONE thing at a time. It helps me GREATLY to sketch the project out, a plan of attack, so I can "see" what I'm up against. I studied pics on the internet and read A LOT to determine what I wanted in my boat and what boat I wanted for the base of my project. Btw, a half an hour both early and late is better than nada. Warning, 30 minutes often leads to 3 hours. Then block some weekends and hump it up.....and you'll get it done.

From what I've read that you've posted you've certainly got the requisite skills.....certainly more than I started with when I began my boat odyssey. You should get things done MUCH quicker than I did.....and better.

I got most of mine done the summer and early fall of '20, then cranked back up post hunting season in late January of '21. She was ready to fish that spring. Then I've periodically added things to continue to improve my rig ever since. I kept a diary on my phone until I hit 350 hours (and took hundreds of pics)....then my phone crashed and I lost it. Post that I figured what tha' h#'ll and quit keeping track. 2.5 years later my rig is turning out pretty cool....for what it is.....and I did 99% of it myself. I'm a project type person, like building stuff when I've got time. So redoing my boat is a natural extension. It's very satisfying and rewarding to do it yourself....at least for me.....and ya learn so much during the process.

Watch this......Mike Patey is a legend in the airplane world

Skip to 12:00 mark

5. Member
    Well no question I will have her going for fall fishing. I had a couple of folks mess with wiring, that was a mistake. My extension plate needs a bottom cover, aka skid plate, dropping it off tomorrow to be water jetted. I am waiting on a gasket for adaptor plate and tuner, I have a seastar extreme I am installing also. Steering helm is in and I need to install hoses. At that time I will clean up wiring some and install a new hot foot that is adjustable while my seats at getting redone to match the but seats I had deans make, same as bass at ones, tall back and concave in rear to lean on
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    Well no question I will have her going for fall fishing. I had a couple of folks mess with wiring, that was a mistake. My extension plate needs a bottom cover, aka skid plate, dropping it off tomorrow to be water jetted. I am waiting on a gasket for adaptor plate and tuner, I have a seastar extreme I am installing also. Steering helm is in and I need to install hoses. At that time I will clean up wiring some and install a new hot foot that is adjustable while my seats at getting redone to match the but seats I had deans make, same as bass at ones, tall back and concave in rear to lean on
    Man, that's going to be a seriously nice boat......👍

Just curious.....How hard is the steering install? That's about the only thing I haven't changed out or added on mine.

7. Member
    Actually not hard at all, hoses u need help on, cylinder needs to be a 6345-3, it took me about a hour to replace helm, 6390-3 tilt, it should be more stable, also a new sportmaster case, changed every sensor on engine, all coils and fuel pumps, should run like new. I also used all billet pieces from Todd on gearcase, shift shaft, drive shaft and output shaft. Yup have done it all
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    I also completely remanufactured a 2006 Chevy 3500 dually, cost me 40k but a new one was 100k, I have a 1972 chevelle I got for my son when he was 14, we are restomodding it now
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

9. Member
    I remembered reading about a bunch of your previous rebuilds etc.....that's why I know yours will end up a lot nicer than mine....hehehe

I'll give the steering another serious think through. Do you have pull the console to do it? I was under the impression that I'd have to pull the console. That's a big PITA for me due to the requirement to remove my deck extension to do it. It's certainly doable, but, to be honest, I'm tired of climbing all over the bloody thing....hehe

Here's my truck I rebuilt.....didn't do the AER reman engine install, but, did everything else. I just couldn't justify in my mind paying $30k cash for a '10 - '14 Raptor (at the time). I've got car dealer buddies so I've always bought used through them at the auction in Dallas.

Since I don't do auto loans and my old '07 KR 4x4 had always been very reliable I decided to turn it into what I wanted. Then I'd drop a reman in when the engine finally crapped out....which it finally did at 276k. Saved $3k by locating the engine myself and had a hunting/fishing buddy who was a Ford dealer do the install.

We replaced the AC, alternator, power steering pump, etc etc etc plus all wiring etc while the engine was pulled. Tranny was/is bullet proof to date so I didn't replace it. Redid the suspension as well and redid the interior and installed a tesla style stereo as well....did all that myself. I've had the top off to replace plugs, injectors, fuel rail, etc myself....just don't have the guts to tear in and rebuild myself....don't have your skills....hehehe (or the time if I did)

It's been bullet proof so far. Pulls my 18' trailer with tractors and my 6' disc, boat, 7500# camper, etc with zero issues... boat like it's hardly there.

0402201638a_HDR~5.jpg

34898~2.png
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 08-08-2022 at 09:04 AM.

10. Member
    Looks amazing, steering is straight forward, way to drain or get plugs from seastar for hoses and plugs for helm, oil goes everywhere. It is truly easy, appears u have the same ability I have, only benefit I have is two shops
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

11. Member
    I also have a e250 service van we will renovate soon. It has 460k on it now
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

12. Member
    Naw, I'm. not going to kid myself, I'm NOWHERE near your league.....just imaginative at times, reasonably mechanically competent, not scared or hesitant to dive in, seriously stubborn, and THINK I can do it (can be bad....😉), also, I just detest wasting money.....hehehe

I'll rethink the steering. My lil tank will only run 45mph loaded up with 2 "healthy" men in it (legal hp is maxed....125) . 45 is pretty good considering all the weight I added, plus it already weighed 1200# before I added an ounce. So conventional cable steering works A-ok....it's just stretched a bit from 19 years of use, but, not that badly. I've already seriously considered it awhile back so I'm going to revisit.

Thanks for the info and great luck with your rebuild..... not that you need it.....hehehe

460k? That's been maintained.....to say the least.

Btw, I've got a '75 cj5 and an old late 80's 17' tracker (going to be the stripped down duck boat) that are sitting on deck as the next 2 battles.....hehehe

13. Member
    We service all of our vehicles ourself. We only run royal purple oil, every 5k on engine, 30k on Tran and 50k on gear cases. Brakes are changed with top tier pads, bearing and rotors are changed every 100k, shocks every 50k also. All of our tractors, 4 wheelers, side by side etc are serviced equally. Service is the life of machinery, new vehicles are plain stupid if u can claim mileage
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

14. Member
    I have a 68 Camaro we did also, but it is a drag car
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

15. Member
    We service all of our vehicles ourself. We only run royal purple oil, every 5k on engine, 30k on Tran and 50k on gear cases. Brakes are changed with top tier pads, bearing and rotors are changed every 100k, shocks every 50k also. All of our tractors, 4 wheelers, side by side etc are serviced equally. Service is the life of machinery, new vehicles are plain stupid if u can claim mileage
    Yep....1000%....i can deduct a lot of miles but cannot depreciate.....

Some of my stuff ...wish i was as disciplined with the maintenance....hehe

109198.jpg
    0922211906_HDR.jpg

68' Camaro? Worth $$$'s....sweet rig too!

16. Member
    Shoot man looks great.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

17. Member
    I wash larger equipment, how the heck do u post pics
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

18. Member
    Camaro is a race car, could I guess be converted back, maybe, SSRS, it has a 615 and a power glide in it now
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

19. Member
    Go to the bar at the top....
    Screenshot_20220808-215514~2.png

Pick the "frame" option
    Screenshot_20220808-215352~2.png

A pop-up will show up....

Pick "computer"......It'll access your computer or phone

An options page will pop up.....
    "Recent" on my phone

Pick the 3 bars top left

This'll pop up.....

Screenshot_20220808-215241~2.png

Pick your photo gallery.....

Pick the photo.....

It'll go back to the first pop-up.....

Pick "upload"

IF the file is small enough the photo address will pop-up in the original "reply" box.....several pics I tried to load, wouldn't....too worn out to try an attempt to reduce the file size.....

That's it.....

Hopefully I explained it properly, loooooooong day.....that should work for you....

The funny thing about this site is I don't always get the same options.... but I've Always been able to figure it out....

20. Member
    I like those Stroker bass boats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast