Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Yes sir, big time issue with lots of money involved.
    So it's illegal to remove a hazard which could possibly cause a boater or family to loose control after hitting a object?
    That seems crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    It’s illegal to cut that dead thing off below the water line in TX?
    Why would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    So it's illegal to remove a hazard which could possibly cause a boater or family to loose control after hitting a object?
    That seems crazy.

It's at the mouth of a creek that no one should be running on pad unless they know what they are doing. If a guy is running wide open there with his family then he has piss poor judgement. The huge boulders in that area will get you.

I for one am thankful tbat we don't have people running around making every lake "accessible" for everyone. This lake was impounded in 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's at the mouth of a creek that no one should be running on pad unless they know what they are doing. If a guy is running wide open there with his family then he has piss poor judgement. The huge boulders in that area will get you.

I for one am thankful tbat we don't have people running around making every lake "accessible" for everyone. This lake was impounded in 1932.
    Idiots cut ours, made it more dangerous as you can’t see them anymore. Now people pull tubes where they cut them off, because they don’t realize standing timber is there.

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Idiots cut ours, made it more dangerous as you can’t see them anymore. Now people pull tubes where they cut them off, because they don’t realize standing timber is there.
    Yep. Here people also drive rebar into stumps the slide PVC over it to mark them. Eventually it rusts out, gets bent over etc and people end up gouging their boats all to hell from it when the water level covers them.

6. Member
    seal an old bleach bottle, and tie it on

This is a skeg at Lake Fork

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by fiveeyes View Post
    seal an old bleach bottle, and tie it on

Or just drop a marker on it with your GPS and save it. This is not an area most people should run any way. I am not a fan of putting stuff in the water to trash it up. It'ds to9 beautiful of a lake. Its just far enough away from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to not look like a landfill like some of the lakes closer to the city end up looking like.

9. Member
    Take it to the art gallery and feature it as prop art. You might get a fortune for it!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

Yea, I get it. I was just questioning the legality of it.
    The lakes near me would be loaded with jug bottles throughout the whole lake.
    Be safe.

11. Member
    It’s been a bad year for me. Hit a boulder this spring and lost a LU. Just pulled my boat out to clean it up after last tourney and found glass missing down two chines from the console back. I hit a old concrete pile by the boat ramp. Insurance gonna hate me.

12. Moderator
    Just put a marker buoy of some kind on it. Or if it gets hit enough it will be gone.

13. Member
    How about a smaller foam float or one like they have on ski ropes?
    You do not have to be on plane to damage a prop and a small marker bouy is not going to trash up the lake

Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    How about a smaller foam float or one like they have on ski ropes?
    You do not have to be on plane to damage a prop and a small marker bouy is not going to trash up the lake

I guess I look at it lime this. It is my own responsibility to operate my boat in uncleared areas. I know, understand and accept that risk when I venture out of open water. If we marked every stump or tree in some lakes it would leave nowhere to cast. I also don't have as much faith in people in not moving the markers. Throw in changing water levels, wave action, wind/weather and the fact that some folks use detergent bottles and foam flots to mark trolling and juglines I am not trusting any of those to run an area.
    I have been fishing this lake since I was about 5 years old. I only run in uncleared areas in trails I have figured out over the years. Pretty much approach most lakes like that.

I understand what you are saying but I am just bringing up the fact that it's hard to trust random markers people put out. They might not mean what we might interpret them as.

15. Member
    You beat me to it Wayne.
    Bruce

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Why would you?
    He made it sound illegal to do, hence my question…..
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

17. Member
    Anyone remember Toledo Bend before the channels were properly marked? They used to have pie tins nailed to the trees to mark the channels. Scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    He made it sound illegal to do, hence my question…..
    Almost every lake in Texas are man made and privately owned. Lake Fork is owned/managed by the Sabine River Authority (SRA). This is from their rules others are similar.

11. DESTRUCTION OF SRA PROPERTY
    No person shall destroy, damage, deface or remove any property, real or personal, owned
    by the SRA, any street or roadway, or any tree, shrub, plant, rock or mineral within the
    Project Boundary.
    Last edited by Bryanmc57; 08-07-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

19. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    ......They used to have pie tins nailed to the trees to mark the channels. Scary stuff.

I haven't been there in years but "boat lanes" on Lake Seminole were marked that way too.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Almost every lake in Texas are man made and privately owned. Lake Fork is owned/managed by the Sabine River Authority (SRA). This is from their rules others are similar.

11. DESTRUCTION OF SRA PROPERTY
    No person shall destroy, damage, deface or remove any property, real or personal, owned
    by the SRA, any street or roadway, or any tree, shrub, plant, rock or mineral within the
    Project Boundary.
    Thanks man. Guess if they didn’t have that stipulation down there with all the standing timber, people would cut everything sticking out of the water.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast