Powerpole pump fried?

Mid day today during a tournament one of my poles completely quit. No rhyme or reason. Unresponsive to stomp switches and remote. Also un responsive to buttons on pump. Is there anything else I need to check?? Or do I assume the pump is toast?

2. mikesxpress
    Lot's of other trouble shooting to do before declaring the pump has failed. Start checking fuses 1st, then wiring.

3. Member
    I had one start going intermittently. PP sent me a new circuit board. All fixed. Simple plug in too.

4. Member
    I do have power to the pump. Light is on just no response from any controls wether it be on the CMonster app or other wise

5. Member
    The older power poles, there was a cheaper connector used for the DC voltate that connects inside the pump. Wires are soldered and the lugs are crimped poorly. All the day in and day out up and down/vibrations causes them to get a cold joint. If the light is not blinking you don't have proper power going to it. Check this, and your fuses. The more expensive boats have a breaker/disconnect panel in the back and will be labeled for the power poles to connect too. Make sure if you have breakers to push and make sure its reset, if you have fuses, check to see if it is blown. You can still have power and a bad connection that will hinder your current flow. Does the light start flashing red when you press a fob, foot switch or remote? Does pushing the buttons on top of the pump up/down do anything? Disconnecting and reconnecting the top board will make it work sometimes. Do you have correct level of fluid?

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiawaKid View Post
    The older power poles, there was a cheaper connector used for the DC voltate that connects inside the pump. Wires are soldered and the lugs are crimped poorly. All the day in and day out up and down/vibrations causes them to get a cold joint. If the light is not blinking you don't have proper power going to it. Check this, and your fuses. The more expensive boats have a breaker/disconnect panel in the back and will be labeled for the power poles to connect too. Make sure if you have breakers to push and make sure its reset, if you have fuses, check to see if it is blown. You can still have power and a bad connection that will hinder your current flow. Does the light start flashing red when you press a fob, foot switch or remote? Does pushing the buttons on top of the pump up/down do anything? Disconnecting and reconnecting the top board will make it work sometimes. Do you have correct level of fluid?
    have flashing green lights on pump, no red light when control used, no response from buttons on pump. Fluid is at a appropriate level. Will check all power connect and maybe try disconnecting and reconnecting.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    More then likely the circuit board has failed and needs to be replaced... Based on your first post it sounds like you have (2) Power Poles in the boat. To confirm the board has failed you can swap parts from one pump to the other.

If you remove the board from the pump that is not working and place it into the working pump and the issue follows then you know you have a faulty board. You can do the same with the HPU cap.

8. Member
    Thank you