Carpet trim from Bassboatseats.com

I have a question on the carpet trim from bassboatseats.com. Does this go down prior to putting the carpet down and you fit the edge of the carpet underneath or do you put the trim down after the carpet is installed? I cant tell from the pics and it doesnt say. This is the trim https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...at-carpet-trim

TIA!

2. Member
    IMHO it goes down after. I replaced some on my Triton & it adheres to the fiberglass & it hides the carpet edge….so I woujd guess you need to plan to leave a smooth uncarpeted surface when cutting & gluing your new carpet.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    IMHO it goes down after. I replaced some on my Triton & it adheres to the fiberglass & it hides the carpet edge….so I woujd guess you need to plan to leave a smooth uncarpeted surface when cutting & gluing your new carpet.
    Thank you, thats kind of what I thought so I guess Ill just leave a little gap

Take a look at the third picture on the web site, rivets may be used to hold in place where applicable.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney_h View Post
    Take a look at the third picture on the web site, rivets may be used to hold in place where applicable.
    I did see that. I may end up not using it